Training Session - Wednesday 18 December

1 to 20 of 39 messages
Psi
18/12/2002 at 00:56
What: X-training sesh. Upper body, cycle, swim.
Why: It's the day to x-train.

Last hard: Will definitely be today - my x-training is quite erm "vigorous"!
Last rest: Yesterday.
18/12/2002 at 08:11
Morning to everyone.

Had to use a few gallons of warm water to get the ice off the car this morning. Ice forecast to return this evening also :-(

what: recovery jog for about 30 mins
why: following on from yesterday's tempo run
last hard day: Tue
last rest day: Mon
18/12/2002 at 09:05
Hello there one and all,

had a few beers last night and got some more tonight so theres only one thing for it

What : 7 mile fartlek
Why : because its gotta hurt!!!!

Last Hard Day : Sunday
Last Rest Day : Yesterday
18/12/2002 at 09:08
Morning Everyone.

What: 6 Miles Steady
Why: Schedule says so!

Last hard day: Sunday
Last Rest Day: Monday

KR
18/12/2002 at 09:24
Oh dear! This festive season is doing me no good at all...totally failed to go to running club last night, drank wine instead.
Definitely, definitely going tonight.
What: prob about 8 miles steady
Why: midweel longish run
Last hard: Sun
Last rest: erm, yesterday
18/12/2002 at 09:33
Morning Loons

What: Gym - a bit of eveything but concentration on legs.

Why: I'm sure it helps prevent injury and increase speed (still waiting to seet he benefits).

Last Hard: Yesterdays speed session

Last Rest: Sunday

18/12/2002 at 09:35
Time for me to put an (increasingly rare) post on the training forum. Currently in first week of enforced lay-off from running, knee not really responding that well and I suspect it may be surgery required but I'll wait until the new year for the (bad?) news.

Have been keeping fit with lots and lots of cross training, mainly cycling, which is tough given the freezing conditions at the moment. Thought my extremities were going to fall off on Saturday after a manic descent over about 10 kilometres.

Finally had enough of cross training yesterday and went for a run - probably a mistake as pain returned afterwards - but enjoyed the run nontheless. Frustrating!

Today: More cycling and more rower
Why: More cross training
Last hard day: Saturday - cycled up an incredibly steep hill, had to breathe through my ears near the top.
Last rest day: Last Thursday
18/12/2002 at 09:35
That should have said second week of enforced lay-off and first week of holiday
18/12/2002 at 09:49
Martin, Hope things get better with time.

What: Possibly 2.5-3 miles round my hilly route
Why: Trying to improve my hill running
Last Hard Run: Last night was my longest run in a while but I don't feel tired so I guess I can try a bit more
Last rest day: Monday - not feeling very well

Aiming for 10k on new years day and a half marathon in march.
18/12/2002 at 09:52
Martin, sorry you are out of action. Hope you are getting good help with it.

What: 2 miles, variable. Hooray. Legs, particularly the left one appallingly stiff. I shall have to get help with that one if it doesn't sort itself out in the next few weeks. (Left side always gets it worst.) Doesn't matter. It's a start.
18/12/2002 at 10:29
Morning all. Hope those out of action get back soon.

What: Rest?
Why: Did the resting heart thing this a.m. and was 10-15 higher than usual, and it sounds really professional to lay off for that reason. Oh, and I'll be doing hard stuff tomorrow.
Hard: Saturday
Rest: Kind-of yesterday. Did a grand total of ~3K with my club before having to rush off to my work do. Wrong decision!
18/12/2002 at 10:53
Like Compass Kath, I totally failed to go running last night (wrapped presents and drank beer instead!) DEFINITELY going tonight ...

What: 4.1 miles easy.
Why: 'Cos I should have done this last night.
Last hard: Monday.
Last rest: Yesterday.

Hope I'll make it out tonight but at the moment feels like someone is standing on my chest - have extremely painful gut poisoning/indigestion - only cause I can think of is poisoning from licking over 200 envelopes yesterday. Probably the glue isn't very good for you after so many!! Hope the pain subsides soon as I could barely sleep last night.
18/12/2002 at 11:34
Mornin'
Was going to do a 80-90 minn long easy x-c run today but have woken up with blocked sinuses and a very sore throat.
So I'll be taking it easy today and maybe go out for a easy 30mins tonight if I feel any better.

Martin, sorry to hear you're still struggling,I'm sure you'll be up to speed again soon enough.
18/12/2002 at 12:06
sorry to hear about the injury being long term Martin.
Keep posting - your presence is missed - especially on this forum.
18/12/2002 at 12:52
Hi MartinH, Good luck mate, lots of empathy, I hope I'm not follwoing yr knee problem.

what: day off - carol concert

knee survivded circuit training last night, hope for 15 easy minutes tomorrow.
18/12/2002 at 12:57
Ello

What : 4 mile steady or maybe a bit of fartlek , can't decide
Why : COs I want to
Last rest : yesterday

On my last run I tried to race a lorry which was driving around my pace, I let it win in the end though !
18/12/2002 at 12:59
What: 4 miles this morning temparature -5%!!!
6 miles this afternoon.

Why: scheduled run plus a bit extra
Last rest: Friday
18/12/2002 at 12:59
-5% = -5 degrees!!!!
18/12/2002 at 15:46
What: 6 x 1 mile off 1 lap jog recoveries at 10k pace
Why: Not quite what Frank Horwill says, but couldn't quite manage the 45 sec recoveries that he recommends
Last rest day: yesterday
Last hard day: today
18/12/2002 at 15:55
Thanks to all the well wishers. My absence from the form is due to being away from work rather than any lack of enthusiasm for virtual conversation!!

Anyway, have done todays session which ended up as about 90 minutes tough off road cycling and with temperatures below freezing the double gloves and shorts underneath lycra tights was a definite must. Will probably jump on the rower for 15-20 mins later this afternoon.

Whilst I'm frustrated at not running - looking on the positive side I certainly feel a lot stronger from the cross training and I think if I do get a long term return to running then I will definitely try and mix and match more.

In addition, I weighed myself last night for the first time in almost a year - tipping the scales at a less-than-portly 70kgs exactly or about 8kgs than when I returned to running earlier this year - yippee.

Can't guarantee that I'll be the same weight come 1 January - burp, hic!
1 to 20 of 39 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.