Training

3 messages
29/12/2007 at 16:43

I took up running for fun a couple of years ago , recently I ran a half marathon at 1 hour and 45 minuites.However  I now want to improve my fitness level I am at a level 7 (roughly) , I would have thought marathon training would be an ideal way to improve this. - please share your thoughts on this and any recommendations or suggestions ?

Also I was just using Smart Coach and got a bit confused , I was trying to work out the speed at which was reccomended - For example it was recommended that I 6 miles on a Monday and to  run at a pace of  9 miles at 9:17 - What  pace/speed/time ratio is this suggesting ? 

Thanks for your support

Edited: 29/12/2007 at 16:48
29/12/2007 at 17:54

What exactly does it say about Monday's run?

There's no need to move up to a marathon. There's plenty of scope for improving your 1/2m time by getting stronger and faster. On the blue Training tab at the top are a lot of 1/2m training schedules you could follow. In fact you could move down to 10k and try for, say, sub-40 mins which will require a greater level of fitness than is needed for a 1;45 1/2m.

JJ

01/01/2008 at 16:03

HEy done what you had said Johnny J Started by doing 5 miles esay pace yesterday on training sub 1:50 half marathon training schedule - See  link(http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/news/article.asp?UAN=97)

the schedule includes strides what are strides ? what is threshold pace ?

Also I had given up on smart coach the pace ratio is too confusing , check it out yourself if you dont beleive me

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.