Treadmill speeds?

21 to 22 of 22 messages
29/01/2013 at 21:57
I use a garmin footpod that I calibrated on the track and use this for the great indoors. I've run on several treadmills around my town recently - its shown how variable they are for pace info, with Most of them quicker than my garmin.

I set the workout parameters in Garmin, so that tells me to speed up or slow down, rather than the (un)calibrated treadmill. It works for me, and I can work in the units of measure I choose, and also get the cadence data if I was interested. Its an option if treadmills are your thing

Some gyms
06/01/2015 at 17:38

Hi

I've found that treadmills are good for concentrating on technique, because you are in a neutral environment with few distractions and the speed is constant. You can experiment with longer/shorter strides, strike angle of leading foot etc and see whether it takes more or less perceived effort at the same speed. Also if you speed up the mill you can see/feel how your technique starts to deteriorate.

For me, at around 16kph it takes too much concentration just to avoid falling off  esp. when tired and I tend to reduce the speed to 11-12kph but at max incline-this gives me a tough workout but without being so fast and furious.

Hope this helps

Paul

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 22 of 22 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.