Tues 18th November

21 to 40 of 67 messages
18/11/2003 at 13:20
er, well, its hard
So i need to slow down again
I was angry yesterday, which didnt help

Im sure tomorrow ill be back to 12 min miles
18/11/2003 at 13:26
Did 6 miles steady @ 80% heart rate this morning and it felt good. Nice to up the pace from base once or twice a week.

18/11/2003 at 13:42
Afternoon all!

This must be a record for me - 8 hours between waking and hitting the forum...

What: 6m done

Hard gym session to do.

(BT - you cheated, you only went 2/3 of the way!)

18/11/2003 at 13:46
Afternoon all,

What: Nothing

Why: Felt nauseous yesterday lunchtime but thought a run might clear it up. Wrong, had to cut the route from 6.5m to 5.5m after almost throwing up twice. Added to this is started to rain half way through. Got back shivering and have been in bed ever since.

(The only positive was that I did the 5.5m at 7:30 pace with the usual average 145 bpm)

Last hard: 15 days
Last rest: 22 days ago (before today)
7 day cumulative mileage: ~24m (and dropping)

I reckon I'll be housebound for a a few days, although I might wander out to see the Bush cavalcade come down the A4 tonight.
18/11/2003 at 14:01
What: nothing
Why: have youngest (8) child at home sick so feeling a little like a caged animal at the moment...pacing. My little boy seems to be improving tho so should get out tomorrow (or even tonight if hubby gets home early enuf
What: should be speed work today
Last hard: 13m club run on Sunday
Last rest: yesterday
18/11/2003 at 14:17
Hi all,

Thank God the forums are back! Was starting to go crazy by mid-afternoon yesterday!

What: 6 miles @ 155-160 bpm.
Why: Slight deviation from base training but still just below lactate threshold.
Last hard: Lond Sunday run. Run itself wasn't really hard, but finding pit-stops along the way was pretty tricky. Found a pub quite easily for the first one, but the open church hall for the second was a total flash of inspiration (desperation!) on my part. I guess I won't be having cheese on toast as a pre-run lunch again.
Last rest: Saturday.

Had v. interesting recovery run last night, as discovered that after about the first mile, there had been a power failure and there were no shop lights, street lights or any other kinds of lights for the rest of the run. It was good that I was running slowly or I'd probably have tripped over something - even so, the run was even slower than usual!
18/11/2003 at 14:20
afternoon all

appreciate the effort Laura - but I don't recognize the lyrics!

no need to apologise for that report Venom - and certainly not when it's an account of a PB!

what: not sure. Training with Wirral AC runners (though I suspect the GB international will be on her way to Japan for Chiba Ekiden either already or very soon) - so it certainly won't be base building.....

why: it's Tuesday

last hard day: Fri maybe; more likely last Tuesday
last rest day: Mon

feeling a bit more upbeat about running. Still not back to peak form, but have got thru 2 weeks & recorded some solid mileage without knee deteriorating. Looking forward to tonight.
D1
18/11/2003 at 14:29
ah, nice to catch up again on people's training posts.

What: 1k swim, cardio work in gym (rower, bike, bit of hill running on tready but not much)
Why: sodding big blister on my heel due to new runnnig shoes not quite as well worn in as i thought (resisting urge to pop it!)
Last hard: Sat
Last rest: Fri

Enjoy! Hope to catch Void too some time, some place.
Bod
18/11/2003 at 14:32
Hi All

Last Rest - Yesterday am, no forum at all
Last hard - this am was like typing through treacle.

As for running - 8/9m with club tonight

Bod
18/11/2003 at 14:46
afternoon...

last hard - that beautifull 10k run in brighton Sunday

Rest - jacuzzi yesterday to recover with the day off work

Treating myself tonight to another rest before I think about marathon training - eeeeek!

HELP!
18/11/2003 at 15:18
Venom, somehow failed to see your post last time through. Absolutely brilliant run, nice one, that's a huge chunk to take off a 10K PB.

Brewster, well done to you too.

18/11/2003 at 16:22
Good running, great reading Venom.

Hippo, seems you're beginning to make a habit of this 10m miling lark. I don't think I do do 10min miles, but I certainly have fast and slow speeds. Do you ever try mixing them up? I find I can build up both speed and the distance I can maintain same if I decide that a certain patch I will put the brakes on, and another I will notch the speed up to fast, and then a bit more. I was getting somewhere with that, I think, before I broke.

That's coming on. Thanks for all your good wishes folks, it seems to be working. Able to reach my feet to put real shoes on this afternoon.

Got to the pool this morning for exercises. I think I had made a fundamental mistake - getting keen on regarding swimming as a workout, rather than pool exercises as a thrice weekly must. Started getting to the pool only once or twice a week, when I had time and energy to swim train. Probably the recipe for disaster. I should know this by now.

Also spent all last week in overdrive, preparing for a talk last Saturday, so it's possible that some of the problem was not simple mechanical failure but lurgy-inflammation related.

Who cares. It's getting better. Thanks folks.
18/11/2003 at 16:35
Evening all (well, afternoon, but it's dark so I reckon that's evening!)

Had trouble logging on earlier in the day, so late with the post again.

What: 8m easy
Why: base building/easy week
last hard: Thursday
last rest: Sat & Sun

Interesting effect of base training: I run without a HRM, so my definition of 'easy' or 'steady' is the old perceived effort method. I'm definitely feeling easier at faster paces: did 8m in 1:00 this morning, so 7:30 per mile, which is what I would have called steady a couple of months ago. I'm definitely starting to see how this improved aerobic fitness will help me go faster when I start to bring the speedwork back in.

Hope everyone's having a good day. Happy running (or resting!).
18/11/2003 at 17:09
evening all

what:gym session am
treadmill 18% incline 20 mins(tone bum)
steppa 30 mins
weight training squats/lunges/step ups

It has been absolutely chucking it down with rain all day but hope to go out tomorrow for a steady run or maybe intervals on the gym treadmill!
Happy running

tiny tiaxx
18/11/2003 at 17:28
Afternoon! Good to be able to get on the forum again!

Stickless-don't forget you did a marathon only a few weeks ago and that also takes time to recover from! Glad you're on the mend!!

Venom-excellent pb, well done!

MM-sounds like you had an interesting run over the weekend! I always think it's fun getting lost!

Erratic-I too have blisters on both heels from new shoes. Yesterday they were so sore I could hardly get my shoes on. Went for a run last night and one burst-ouch! so when I came home I applied lavender oil and popped the other one to apply oil and today they feel fine! Painful for a few hours though!

Anyhow back to today

what:club run today, relays I think
why:speed play with others
last hard:haven't done any real hard runs for a while, but last nights off road run with son was rather fast (for me anyhow just to keep him in sight!)
last rest:Sat
18/11/2003 at 17:32
Great run Venom - it's nice to whack great chunks off a pb!

Mrs BR feels a bit tired and achey tonight so I've nobly offered to go and represent the family at club night.

20 mins tempo run - my favourite session! Yippee!

Will go and smooth her pillows before packing my kit.
18/11/2003 at 18:04
Hello everybody.

45 minutes X country in hilly woods today, at lunchtime. It was soooo warm!!
18/11/2003 at 18:06
what a selfless action, BR! I'm very impressed ;-)
18/11/2003 at 18:22
So very thoughful BR! Enjoy club night!
18/11/2003 at 19:24
evening

3miles in just under 24 mins. sure on time but not on distance - should be longer, but who can argue with trailgauge.

Ice'd already and feeling more relaxed than usual.

Laters

Andy
21 to 40 of 67 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.