Tues 18th November

61 to 67 of 67 messages
18/11/2003 at 22:55
evening all

Angelis - I agree with Hilly - if you really do have a chest infection (and not just a cold), you're taking a real risk, even at a gentle pace.

Wirral AC session tonight was lamppost intervals tonight on Hoylake promenade - ho hum. As mentioned elsewhere, I'm not that fussed on very short interval work.
4 fast (i.e. 200m), 2 recovery when going upwind, 4 fast, 1 recovery coming downwind (and it was a classic brisk sou-westerly tonight, which made it pretty damn hard going upwind).
Upwind & downwind for 2400m each, final effort being an accelerating (well, sort of) 800m back upwind once more.

Bracketed by 1½ miles warm-up and warm-down.

No hiding place tonight either, with almost everyone present as fast or faster (or in better nick) than me. HR hit the high 170s for the first time since racing last month.

GB international was present, and holding nothing back. Think she flies out to Japan Thursday.
18/11/2003 at 23:02
Sounds a good session to me Mike! I know what you mean about the wind, we have our monthly club time trial along the prom and the wind often plays havoc making the session far harder than it should be!

I've just checked the County web site and am pleased to see even though I missed the last race on Sunday I've finished 5th lady overall out of 188 women! Even if I'd raced I couldn't have improved my position so very pleased with that.
18/11/2003 at 23:02
yes but i bet you felt good after mike

You know, the black country is a funny place
now its dark and nasty, im seeing LOADS of runners out and about
they all say hello
18/11/2003 at 23:08
Well run Mike.

Hilly, keep soldiering on.
18/11/2003 at 23:20
Hippo - not too bad. Will sleep q well.
Loads of runners out now it's dark....hmmm....maybe take a crucifix and garlic out with you, just in case?

Been checking through rest of thread - sounds like you had a fair old outing too Hilly. Congratulations on your final overall placing.

Also Laura - never done a bleep test, but would be interested to see how long I'd last.

FF - sorry to read of your troubles - you haven't had too much luck fitnesswise in the last couple of months have you?
18/11/2003 at 23:27
They dont have THEM in the blak countroi do they?
eeeeeeeeeek

wanders off to liquidise black puddin
19/11/2003 at 08:30
Hilly: i couldn't have explained the Yasso's any better myself!

If I had a PA who dealt with my post as efficiently as you I could stay at home all day ;-)

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
61 to 67 of 67 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.