Tuesday 12th August 2008

41 to 49 of 49 messages
12/08/2008 at 19:00
sharkie - depends whether you like Carlos! Interested in how you are percieved by the locals in the park!
Blisters    pirate
12/08/2008 at 19:33

Scoobie: Excellent report, well done. You're certainly faster than me at that event.

Gobi: I see that you're racing well as part of the programme. I think it's a great form of training.

As for me, I have to ask, is eating birthday cake good training?

I've not done any running.

12/08/2008 at 19:48

Hi Blisters, meant to say hi the other day when you popped in. Are you in the naughty corner?

Scobos - congrats on your new PB 74.55 and 4th place - congrats to Stuart G too for finishing 3rd. Sorry to hear Mrs Scobos had some nasty bits before her race - doesn't help at all.

Scooby - great report - great result - very controlled on the run - you must be thrilled.

AF - 8 miles!!

What: 9 miles with mate. Now this mate is a bit younger me, so felt a little pressured most the way. Got to be good for me. Enjoyed the coffee and cake afterwards

Good running everyone.

12/08/2008 at 20:13
Trini Ok, clue instantly gives me the band - who I saw in 1972. Showing my age again! As for locals in the park, if I let myself get self conscious or worried what people think I'd never do anything fun. Anyway no-one really gives a toss whatever you get up to in London. A Rasta on a bicycle called out, "Hey the Olympics have already started," which may have lacked something in the way of wit but was certainly not unfriendly.

12/08/2008 at 21:01

Scobos - what a fantastic PB !!! Truly excellent.  And a huge chunk of time to take off too.  Very well done.

Scooby, fabulous report !!  Very well done - sounds like it will be the first of many Tris.

In the desert again ... Sahara ... different spot this time, sort of half way down Algeria on the Eastern side.  Pretty darn hot, 30 C in the morning cool air, 45 C at mid day and around 35 C when I went out for an evening run at 7pm ish.  The sun was sinking on one side, and the moon rising on the other.  Each lap of the camp I did the sun went lower and moon rose higher which was pretty neat.  Nice dunes on the horizon too which made for a different type of outing.  Just a 45 min recovery run as per schedule, it is a bit warm for doing much else.

12/08/2008 at 22:36
DM, what do you do for a living ??

You just seem to be out there

Blisters, lots of short stuff so not being run down so badly which means I can keep up the quality of my training.
12/08/2008 at 23:09

sharkie I misled you

Actually is Santana and Everlast in partnership, tune is Put your lights on, from the album that has Smooth circa 1999.

DM - sounds awesome!

Blisters    pirate
12/08/2008 at 23:20

NZC, not quite in the naughty corner as you put it.

But I did need a few days extra recovery from my holiday. (Quad strain, grumbly tumbly, jetlag/tired) Not to mention the DIY promises, garden backlog, work backlog, and getting hooked on the Olympics.

Better go to bed then.

13/08/2008 at 12:43
sharkie - depends whether you like Carlos! Interested in how you are percieved by the locals in the park!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 49 of 49 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.