Tuesday 12th February 2013

21 to 35 of 35 messages
Blisters    pirate
12/02/2013 at 19:57

OH, the rest of the compliment was aout how good you must feel to be doing proper runners running!

12/02/2013 at 20:10

A good swim then Blisters? Just hope I can keep it going until the end of April!

Blisters    pirate
12/02/2013 at 20:17

-Yeah, first of all they found my brand new, but recently lost swimwear.
-Then I nailed 400m just to warm up, and was in the PB zone.
Leaving the clock running, carried on for the mile, focussing on the stroke and legs, nailing it in 43:30 despite swapping through 3 lanes.
-After that I had a bit of play time, tumble turns. Totally new to me. Are they allowed in pool races?

12/02/2013 at 20:21

Excellent Blisters - we told you it would all come together! Most pool tris will allow tumble turns. I've never learnt as my swim coach used to tell me that it would take me about 8 months of practice to make them as fast as a good touch turn - and I only usually do one pool based tri a year and then only because it's 4 miles from home.

12/02/2013 at 20:47

Well I just popped in here to see if the DTT was still going - not only is it going, but all the same posters as well!

In which case:-
What:  7.4 miles, alternate easy & brisk
Why:  Get some miles in without it being too boring
Last hard:  Twin track sessions yesterday
Last rest:  Sunday

12/02/2013 at 21:18

Wow - long time no see 40 minutes - still running well!

Little Miss Happy - I have people to do the long run on Sunday with.

What: 3 miles with Mae, then spent most of the day helping son move out.

Only trouble was when we had 3 cars full, one mostly full of children, someone realised the pushchair was left out so there was a bit of to and fro about who was going to put it away.

I'd been waiting to shut the garage door, then thought I could put the pushcair away and went to run past the car in front of me and eldest grand daughter who didn't see me coming opened the car door and send me flying!

Got a couple of nice bruises on both thighs and hit my chin on the wood that surrounds her patio! Quite a bit of blood, thought at first it might require stitches but taped it up and it is fine.

Didn't do any driving after that, no run from me today, will just go for coffee! What one will do for a rest day

12/02/2013 at 21:27

evening all

hi 40 mins!

oh dear nzc, what a shocker hope you are ok

blisters thats some swimming  

hd  agreat run tonight, did 5.25 in 45 mins, with 2 miles at tempo and the last half mile I blasted it, felt good!

12/02/2013 at 21:27

Oh heck NZC. Hope you are ok otherwise 

Take care now for rest of today and poss tomorrow. Gee the things we do to get out of training 

12/02/2013 at 21:28
Ay up, 40 minutes! Blast from the past as Stickless and I are back, too, as team Kingfisher for the SLMM

I hope to be more responsive to other people's posts when I am back in NL, these have been busy days. So for now, just my news:

What: 36' nice and slow
Why: not much more time before having to leave room and talk to more people
Last hard: friday
Last rest: monday

Interview went well (and that has been confirmed by 2 sources already), and I enjoyed talking to various people, both in officially scheduled and more impromptu meetings. There is a PhD student here who did her first degree in Leuven, so we had a nice Flemish chinwag. I should hear in about a week. If I don't get the job, it just means they found someone even better than me

Long flight back through the night, so I am glad to have had some exercise today
12/02/2013 at 21:29
Oh dear NZC, that must hurt! Poor thing!
12/02/2013 at 21:30

NZC - ouchie, hope you are not too bruised!
40 - good to see you back!
Blisters - nice work in the pool
training update - well made the club session, pyramids (on boggy grass), 200, 400, 600, 800, 1k & back down with 200 recoveries. Wore spikes even then it was a bit heavy going on the legs. Tea time now.....

12/02/2013 at 21:36
Well, well, well: good to see you 40!! Any races planned? Sub 40?!
And how are the solar panels? Those in the north-west are struggling! Suspect you have a better location!

What: another 20 mins/3k in the bank
Why: trying to gain some sort of post Achilles op fitness.

And oh dear NZC!
Edited: 12/02/2013 at 21:37
12/02/2013 at 21:50

Glad no major damage NZC

Welcome back 40, good to have you on board again.

Edited: 12/02/2013 at 21:50
12/02/2013 at 22:05
Have you forgotten, 40: you are supposed to indicate whether or not you know the lyrics!
12/02/2013 at 23:32

No hadn't forgotten the lyric torture - nothing's changed in that regard, I've still no idea!

Spot of serious illness a couple of years ago followed by Achilles (again) and Hamstring (a new one for me) injuries last year have combined with advancing Vet status to slow me down a bit.  Have just entered the Bideford half marathon (March), last time I ran that I got sub-90, this time probably 5 minutes slower!

10K Easter Monday, possibly a marathon later in April.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 35 of 35 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.