Tuesday 16th June 2009

21 to 22 of 22 messages
16/06/2009 at 21:41

Interesting how Ceal expained how you (she!) can go over 100% of age grade when you get to the top of an age band.  I looked at the world age group records, http://www.world-masters-athletics.org/records_output/rec_list_outdoor_w.php and it is really significant how almost all the world records are broken in the first year in the age band.  This ageing business is a bit of a bind !

40mins, it must have been brilliant doing the last leg of the relays, and well done for running such a lot faster than your expectations

ceal, you take your training a lot more professionally and better organised than most of us who hang around here

stickless, and NZC, AF thanks

What: yesterday, just a weight session, but pretty hard work
luncthime today; c 3ml easy,   then to dentist (had to have an offending tooth out  )  then to track, (cos its in the same direction as dentist, and wouldn't have been worth going home) and sat in sunshine till it was time for drills over hurdles, then into warm up and reps session - total 10.5ml inc 3,2 ml @MP, 5 x 400 @ 10k pace, 2.4ml MP (at least these were the goal paces, but never really hit any of them.  I wish I could do these hurdle drills at another time, as I'm pretyy knackered afterwards, and must be affecting the session, but doesn't seem possible, and I think they are going to prove extremely useful in strengthening my hip flexors ( for better knee lift and so longer stride) .  Finished the evening with 40 mins discus practice.
Why: how else would one want to spend a sunny afternoon and evening (well, except the dentist part) ?

16/06/2009 at 22:45

Greetings all,

Great to see the DTT doing its best in support and welcomes and keeping all afloat whatever we go through, Great stuff.

Blisters and 40Mins, just got to reading reports well done.

What - 9m Progressive Run along the Cldye
Why - Still in Glasgow
Last Hard - Tonight
Last Rest - Fri

Take care

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 22 of 22 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.