Tuesday 18th April 2006

101 to 113 of 113 messages
18/04/2006 at 21:45
That will be the Medoc Marathon nrg. e.g.- a selection of fine meats and pates washed down by a fine glass of Chablis - just what you want at the 22 mile refreshment station {o:
Blisters    pirate
18/04/2006 at 21:53
When was that again Wardi?

Do they do a marathon on the Isle of Islay?
18/04/2006 at 22:05
Blisters, they do a 1/2 marathon on Islay in August. Unfortunately it doesn't pass many of the distilleries!
Blisters    pirate
18/04/2006 at 22:14
Sponsorship?
18/04/2006 at 22:18
Evening,

TmRoo, don't listen to them, I'm an ideal running partner! (only other person I could think of has mysteriously disappeared to Europe for a 2 week climbing trip)
NZC, it's not actually a pair's race but we were being big girls' blouses deciding to run together by way of preparation for the Saunders - hopefully nothing will stand in the way of that...
Hilly, I will accept your excuses on this one occasion:)

God I'm getting nervous just reading about your tapering. I really wish I lived closer as I would definitely be there to support you - will be with you all in my thoughts for sure.

FAB, gutted for you, seems most unfair to have got injured again.

K9, oh dear, ceiling doesn't sound good, either.

Did an hour over the scar, shockingly tired considering I'd not run for 2 days.
18/04/2006 at 22:44
Blisters - usually sponsored by Ardbeg.
18/04/2006 at 22:52
Good evening, just a late night visit to wish all the FLMers the best of luck on Sunday. That’s Beanz, Big David, FAB (?), Blisters, Drew, K9, Minks, Scobos, Tiger Runner, TmR, Wardi, Podro, JEJ, Hilly, SGQ, AJH, Snapstinger, Hippo, Aud, AF and MikeB. Also appoloises to any one I’ve left out. I’ve been following your ups and downs avidly over the past few weeks. I hope you can all do your best – but most of all enjoy the experience.

Best wishes

Tom
18/04/2006 at 22:53
Pammie, you and me alike. Getting back there, so:

15 x 30secwith 30sec rec at 19.5kph and 0.5%. I find short reps much easier than the 800s or mile reps so this is an easy re-intro to some of the harder stuff.

MOL The mind boggles. Respect++

NRG.B Nice to rest back on your laurels and watch the FLMers at it on Sunday!

BTW Good luck FLMites on Sunday, (partic Hilly)

Scooby, are you going to make sure of things when you do the 1:5 next time. Hills are my worst enemy!

FAB :-(

GArmins? I use mine set at the average pace for the session. It’s hopelessly inaccurate for on the spot pacing even with ‘smoothing’. The 305 may be better??

BR thinking of travelling down to spectate so would be interested in the’ mobile support unit’ programme.

Welcome Hanneke:-)
18/04/2006 at 22:54
FAB
I am really sorry to hear about the calf

Forgot to say well done to Simon-nice to see you coming back running
oh hell
i am tired and i havent read back
I am not tparing as such, but am getting all the syptoms in sympathy
18/04/2006 at 22:55
o hi hanneke
18/04/2006 at 22:56
Stuart L 2 - Yes I did!

Scooby - You're in the SW then?

What: Rest
Why: Race yesterday & still not 3 weeks from mara
Last hard: Yesterday

Club night tomorrow.
18/04/2006 at 23:22
Blisters, I believe there is a very tough fell race on Jura, and I know there is a very fine distillery there.

How about it, SR :-)
   pirate
19/04/2006 at 00:11
Such a pitty I have course next weekend and cannot come and cheer on those who I know and those I don't know that are running the FLM.

Does feel comfortable though, having already run my spring one! Yippeeeh! Looking forward to Amsterdam in the autumn.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
101 to 113 of 113 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.