Tuesday 18th December 2012

12 messages
18/12/2012 at 06:24

Morning you lot

Todays lyrics; 'You, you got  a nasty reputation.'

Tired as collected younger son from school 6th Year Christmas Dance at 12:15am this morning. Stifles a yawn

What:3M easy

Why: Just see above

Be back later

18/12/2012 at 06:57

Morning!

Blisters - it's that time of year. I have a weekend darn sarf to fit what I can around this weekend. It just needs to be done doesn't it - and there's always the internet for the shopping!

And when was the last time you were out until gone midnight birkmyre?

What:             an hour on the turbo
Why:               need bike time
Last hard:       2/12
Last rest:        14/12

Lyrics - maybe.

18/12/2012 at 08:13

Morning all,
words seem familiar but not immediately obvious..
what - club night, we got the track so will be hard intervals of some kind
why - missed the last 3 or 4 club nights for various reasons, plus I like track work
last rest  - friday
last hard - sunday's tempo

18/12/2012 at 08:23

What : not a lot
Why: recovering from yesterday's tummy bug
Last hard: Saturday
Last Rest: yesterday
Lyrics: no

Not feeling up to much today although that was last real opprtunity before Boxing Day

18/12/2012 at 09:43

Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: short walk
Why: lower leg a little sore post physio

My visitor's last full day tomorrow and we are off to see our mutual running doctor friend. I will be having a chat with him about prostate treatment: I have a further appointment tomorrow for discussion about the suitability of radiotherapy.

Quite a pleasant day here after the monsoons of yesterday.

18/12/2012 at 10:47

the monsoons have arrived here, ale

what: 11.3 soggy miles
why: it's character-building
last hard: not turning round as the downpour hit about 2 miles in
last rest: yesterday
lyrics: vaguely familiar but not a firm yes

18/12/2012 at 13:40

Lyrics: No
What: Whatever I can
Why: Because I need to do something and work/life have been getting in the way.
Last Hard...In the memory banks somewhere
Last rest: Yesterday
Work and friends/family taking over everything just now...need to get a grip!

18/12/2012 at 15:46

Pushed myself out for 3 miles (tummy managed to last out - a concern),
rewarded by a beautiful changing big red setting sun over Scapa Flow
More big winds on the way - may affect family getting back home for Christmas

18/12/2012 at 17:37

Good news that you felt well enough  for a run OH. Plenty of time for the weather forecast to change.

chickadeee - I find it harder to set off in the rain than to keep going if it hits once I'm out.

Hope you get to track Dustin.

Alehouse - the visit seems to have gone quickly - hope it feels the same for you.

Come on TC - sort yourself out man!

Good turbo session for me - surprisingly as with my jab due today I thought tiredness would make it difficult for me to raise HR.

18/12/2012 at 20:36

Greetings all,

sorry didnt get to post last night, as did club run, then straight out to watch the Hobbit, great film...

7.5m done tonight

Take care

18/12/2012 at 20:52

Evening

Just in for a wee nosey.

Blisters    pirate
18/12/2012 at 22:51

Evening. A better day here, commencing with a beautiful purple sunrise over the Cotswold Hills. Spent the day at 1200ft on the Heads of the Valleys near Ebbw Vale. The factory I was visiting had just installed a small (56m diameter) wind turbine. Well, it looked small until I was stood underneath it. I can categorically dismiss the over-perpetuated urban myth that they are noisy. THEY ARE SILENT. I don't mean quiet, I mean SILENT. (Some things wind me up, and that's one).

Sorry for the ramble. Early finish, and got a swim done. 64 lengths in......46:10. I am beginning to get pissed off with this reverse progress. I know that I have barely shaken off a cold, but FFS I'm slowing down.

Just seen the forecast. Make sure you put a lid on the pond or the fish will be making a break for it.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
12 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.