Tuesday 21st April

21 to 25 of 25 messages
21/04/2009 at 16:54

Hi Folks,

Not got a clue on the lyrics as usual!!

Clink - Scobos has perfected the art of watching me work!!!         It's hard not being able to run but the x-training really shows great strength and determination, once you get back to running you'll wonder what all the fuss was about!!

What: more visits to coffee shops

Why: tapering and can't be bothered doing anything else!!

Edited: 21/04/2009 at 16:54
21/04/2009 at 18:44

Evening all,

Clink, hang in there.  I admire anyone who can stick with gym work.  With or without running.  

Welcome back  40 minutes.

Did get out for a run this morning.  The challenge was simply to get out.  I ran my shortest loop at a very slow jog.  Ishkabible, I ran it.  No dizzies either. No running tomorrow, as I'm heading up north, but hope to have a trot along the canal through Kiveton Park with first class company on Thursday - a huge black lab, whose special talents include picking up pound coins and credit cardits from a polished floor, taking your socks off (and throwing pedigree pedicure into the service for no extra charge - if you can stand it!), and mousing.  No cats required. (He's my pal's Dog for the disabled).

Turns out that the funeral I thought was this Friday is in fact the following Friday, so I will be hanging around FLM expo in the middle of the day (this) Friday, dishing out Foulees de la Soie flyers.

Keep calm everyone, and nobody break themselves.

21/04/2009 at 21:19

Evening all

What:  7ml, inc 6x 1000m @ MP
Why: good question.  I thought I'd done all the hard work, but this sess seemed far harder than it should have done, and that despite my resting HR having gone down to its most recovered/rested lowest.

21/04/2009 at 22:59

TMR - It always feels hard during the taper, will be fine on the day.

What:  5 miles earlier this evening
Why:  Building back

Club run tomorrow

21/04/2009 at 23:31

Evening all, 

Gobi: Glad to see the comeback continues apace
RFJ: well raced
Dustin: Sounds like you enjoyed the PW despite some meteorological challenges!
Sharkie: enjoy the GP

I'm currently trying to decide if I want to race on the track this summer, after my coach suggested that I should try some 3k chase / 5k races this year. Decisions decisions.
Sharkie, I thought of you last night when my coach got his sprinters to run a 800 race with the endurance side of the group, the howls of protest over covering two laps of the track was quite entertaining! My 2:13 was pleasing enough considering I do no actual speedwork

What: 8m easy
Why: club night and taking it easy between last nights impromptu 800m race and tomorrows 5 miler.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 25 of 25 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.