Tuesday 27th December 2005

81 to 84 of 84 messages
27/12/2005 at 21:06
<Ahem>

Melissa - I wouldn't go looking to set a mileage target for a year. You'll end up doing runs against your better judgement and for the sake of hitting an external target which does not relate to how you feel about running and life in general at that time.

Just run the amount you can week to week which helps you progress towards your targets.
27/12/2005 at 21:16
Yes, hilly, as BR says, take it easy if racing at the weekend. You could do treadie running, but I wouldn't do the twice a day running with a cold.

There's a bloke at our club who did quite hard running through a cold one year, and ended up in hospital with pneumonia and restricted training for the next 3months. I have to take it easier during colds as my asthma gives me one of those horrid, annoying (to everyone) coughs!
27/12/2005 at 21:18
Melissa - try for regular and consistent running, if you can. I've improved my times and fitness this year due to consistent training, and am subsequently enjoying my running more!
27/12/2005 at 22:18
Didn't get to try the bike out in the end due to the snow.

May as well do the mileages now.
Run : 350
Bike : 7325

Would have been more if all of December hadn't been wiped out.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
81 to 84 of 84 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.