Tuesday 28th November 2006

1 to 20 of 61 messages
Dubai Dave    pirate
28/11/2006 at 05:46
Morning All

Have been waiting for someone to wake up and start thread, not in mood for thinking of lyrics.

What: Like Xerxes knackered thanks to stereo crying from baby dd1 & baby dd2, so easy 5?
Why: Will feel better after!
Last Hard: Last night
Last rest: Saturday

Off to Vietnam for work on Friday... looks as if I may have 3 days with nothing to do between vessels so might just have to find some new routes!
IronMelissa    pirate
28/11/2006 at 05:58
Morning all,

DD, your life does always sound interesting!

What: 2.4k swim; short turbo with drills
Why: schedule
Last hard: ages
Last rest: Sunday

I got absolutely drenched running in the rain last night - it came down so hard that it hurt!

Good runnings all.
28/11/2006 at 06:06
Morning everyone,

What: Maybe club run not the time trial, I'll plod on behind.
Why: Still not feeling too great
Last Hard: Definitely Sunday XC
Last Rest: Yesterday

BR: New Job is totally New. You'd probably not been aware that I have been out of work the last 3 weeks. Which is why I have posted more, I've had more time. May not have now and also the time to increase the mileage.
28/11/2006 at 06:35
Good morning.

What: Club session (10 miles min)
Why: Its Tuesday

Last hard: Sunday
Last rest: 32 days

Have a goodly day.
28/11/2006 at 06:49
HMHS they're not doing time trial tonight

No one to take times

Club run or next weeks hills instead whichever you lot decide.

I'm down early and off to the match

28/11/2006 at 07:33
Lyrics: No
What: Hill sessions, mtb to work and back
Why: it's Tuesday
Last hard: Saturday
Last rest: Friday

3.5hrs sleep last night, I feel fine now but for how long?
28/11/2006 at 08:03
i can't believe you don't know the lyrics gobi!

much better night last night without the aid of whisky

squeezing miles in to the early part of the week as away to the south east tomorrow for a few days and may not get chance while there

what - 8 miles easy/steady
why - basic miles
28/11/2006 at 08:08
Lyrics-------------yes!

there is a Two Ton in this song-i think
28/11/2006 at 08:13
two ton tess?
28/11/2006 at 08:30
What: 6.02 miles d&d @74% MHR
Why: See previous
Last hard: Sodbury
Last rest: Yesterday

Ending up missing my 'nemesis' race on Saturday. I was debating whether it'd be polite to dump our guests for an hour. Then I somehow managed to obtain a small but painful cut on my toe by tripping upstairs, so that sealed it. Gave yesterday a miss as well just to be sure.

Seemed fine today and, despite the worst weather for ages, did a very good pace.
28/11/2006 at 08:53
Lyrics - oh yes - "Was that the trees a rattlin', or the 'inges of the gate". I could probably sing this right the way through.

What: Cycle 25, club run evening
Why: base

28/11/2006 at 08:56
Yo poopers!! What:Duck Pond Waddle. Why: Why not! Last Hard: This Mornin 10k Last Rest: Yesterday. Plodding all over the world.
Blisters    pirate
28/11/2006 at 09:07
Even I got the lyrics today! "his name was Trigger"
Almost went out for a late run last night - 10pm but when it started to rain I lost the will. So I finished my day's work instead. Torrid night's "sleep", and the alarm was most unwelcome. I've even cried off work for the first time in ages - I couldn't face the 1.5 hour drive each way and a full day's talking.

I would like to thank my Physio for this...
28/11/2006 at 09:14
Morning,

What: 2km swim d&d
Why: Leg rest day
Last Hard: Yesterday
Last Rest: 21 days
28/11/2006 at 09:21
BR, I was overtired (still am). Household increased from 2 to 5 people saturday, 4 adults, 1 2yo. First time mrs I's mother comes over to UK in 15 years, so imagine your average woman's house-proud madness and multiply by about 30 to 40. Stressed me out considerably over the last week. Work do's meant 2 late nights thursday and friday, up v. early before/after both for either long commute to work or domestic task list saturday morning. Went to pickup family from Heathrow and spent 5 hours standing around in arrivals. There was some plane trouble, they missed connection and arrived in later flight than anticipated - we didn't know and started worrying about immigration trouble.
So saturday evening fitting all those people in a small flat, meal, lots of chat as you do with family you haven't seen for a long time... Time left for sleep interrupted by jet-lagged 2yo nephew (can't blaim the little fella), and the next morning mrs I proceeded to faff about so I missed my lift to the race. Not a big problem to solve, but annoying as I'm not one to be late usually, especially for a lift.
So that's the circumstances covered ;-)

Race day analysis: set off too fast (people I expected to finish around seemed to come to a halt on the first hill - I must have attacked it too hard), my pace judgement on XC is worse than awful. I think what followed a bit later was a rougher than average rough patch where I felt realy bad, somehow concentrated in my lower legs. I just lacked the mental strength to maybe slow down a bit and run through it. Apart from obviously being a big southern wuss, the second half of last week especially (which didn't involve any running) must have contributed to that.

Sorry to write a few book volumes here, but you asked, BR ;-)

Still trying to figure out how to fit running in at the moment. We haven't found a routine for the new household yet.

What: probably nowt
Why: settling in of new household
28/11/2006 at 09:28
Morning folks.

Nicely controlled club session last night, taking it easy-ish to save the legs. Session was 3 x 2 mile (actually measured as 2.05 miles) with 3 min recoveries. Paced a couple of guys who are after a sub 1.20 HM in the Spring, so the reps ended up as:

Pretty much on the money as far as the pace goes. Legs felt great running the session.

For today...

What: an easy 5 miles at lunchtime
Why: it's all I can squeeze in today...got an appointment with our solicitor beforehand to cross the t's and dot the i's on the new house (we complete on Thursday while we're in Cyprus), then driving down to Manchester straight after work for an early flight tomorrow morning. So the run's a recovery run, but the rest of the day is anything but recovery! Sure all the hurly-burly will be quickly forgotten as I sit by the pool with a cold beer! :o)

Have a good day.
28/11/2006 at 09:46
Morning everyone. Lovely sunny morning in Devon, so I'll be out soon for a few miles, not sure how many. Legs feel fine after yeaterday's track session, but I'll just run how I feel.

Lyrics - Yes. I still find the "pasteurised" (past your eyes) bit amusing. Sad, I know...

28/11/2006 at 10:25
Morning all

yes it is bright and sunny here in Devon today. Good to see you running 200mins have a good one today.

MelP - Mr Scoobs also got drenched last night. In fact his running shoes now look very sparkly and new again as they had a really good washing!

Well done to all racers this weekend gone. Abbey dahsers and mud wallowers alike. Special mention for Wabo with her 10 miler. Good going Wabo, especially given those circumstances.

Well I'm finally feeling well enough to run. I kept thinking I'd get out from Sunday on, but in reality there was just no way as was still getting wobbly just from short walks. That was one nasty nasty lurgy. But now all I have is a yukky cold, so that's it I can't stand it any longer!

So

What: Club run
Why: See above

I'm going to drop down a group tonight just to test the water as its been over a week since I last ran - eeek! So here's to the climb to get back to where I was (again!)

Oh happy days.......

No idea on lyrics btw!

28/11/2006 at 10:35
I really think I should know the lyrics... eek, but I don't

What: Dunno, hip still really sore - can't work out what the problem is either - and knackered from a nice 14 hour day in London yesterday. Three trains broke down ...! Should go out with bike club tonight but may choose to watch Grosse Point Blank on DVD and turbo @ Level 1 for as long as the film is. Which is a bit of a cop-out, really.

Have a good day, everyone!

28/11/2006 at 10:56
morning all

last nights recovery run was just that! My legs are very sore, did 3.75 run home, enough.

what: weights am, club sesh later
why: tuesday
last hard: last night with sore legs
last easy: sat

take care all
1 to 20 of 61 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.