Tuesday 4th December 2012

21 to 25 of 25 messages
04/12/2012 at 21:27

In for  a quick nosey.

postie: It's good to see you back.

Blisters    pirate
04/12/2012 at 21:36

Firstly, and most importantly, cakes. The jam helps the marzipan stick to the cake. Sieved apricot jam, warmed slightly is the recommended. I use crab apple jelly, because we make tons of it, there's no pips, and it's got a delicate flavour. I'll even add a little warm water to it in order to help thin it down. The icing doesn't ever have a problem sticking to the marzipan, in fact I usually let the marzipan dry out for a couple of days. Otherwise it can sometimes start to colour bleed through if I'm using Royal icing. No worries with instant fondant.

(If you are sticking fondant to a madeira cake, for example on a creative bithday cake, then I use a light skinning of butter cream to stick it down. Fruit cakes are easier to work)

LMH, yes I am getting the group coaching sessions every Sunday. There were 17 of us at the last one, so 1-2-1 time is limited. Of course, I can ask, listen and then ignore when in the water. I'm convinced that a breakthrough is just around the corner.

What's the time Mr Wolf....may be time for a run.

04/12/2012 at 21:58

4k swam and 4 mile ran!!

Seeing the fella tomorrow - hopefully he'll sort out the lingering issues (calf mainly) - I sure will be glad to see the end of this episode. Mrs PM has banned me from digging - Hooray!!!!

. On the subject of making cakes Mrs PM has set up a little cottage industry for Christmas - Christmas Puddings (but made of chocolate biscuit cake instead). Orders flying in!!! 

Goodnight

04/12/2012 at 22:03
5.5 miles done with a tempo run done in the middle, kept a steady 6:40 per mile pace up, and no niggles still with my knee so reckon I'm ok to carry on with pushing myself on speed sessions.
Glad I've obviously learnt from experience and now ease off when I feel I should, even if it doesn't turn out to be as bad as first thought better to take a few days off or easy than miss a couple of weeks or months...
04/12/2012 at 22:19

Greetings all,

What - 6.25m steady
Why - Base
Last hard - Sat
Last Rest - Yesterday

Take care

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 25 of 25 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.