Tuesday 4th September

21 to 31 of 31 messages
04/09/2012 at 17:47

Evening

What 8 commute
Why  Why not
Lyrics yes

nice and easy 8 this morning with an MLR planned for tomorrow.

04/09/2012 at 17:51

Dustin A place has just turned up on the Abingdon 2012 thread if you're interested from a guy called Daniel Cusworth

04/09/2012 at 17:57

Evening

Why not indeed Postie

I did 4.43 miles another i  can't believe it run i used to plod around in 10½ minute miles my splits today9:44, 9:42, 9:25, 9:41 4:04 (9:26) hoping its the training and i won't crash and burn

A question for those who cycle esp those who cycle if you do a few hours before bedtime  does it help you sleep Cycle home this morning a little detour 6 miles instead of 2 so not epic but i slept well nearly 1pm when i woke compared to 11am at the latest.

Now compared to running if i run late i know i have trouble  sleeping

04/09/2012 at 19:17

Evening all. Back to work again and really struggling with my right foor again. Likely wont be running til next weekend atleast. Will need to bring the roadbike with me next week.

Blisters    pirate
04/09/2012 at 19:18

Well done Pammie. I think its up to you and your body, the sleepy thing.

This evening I managed another swim session of the 64 length variety. I decided that I would use a pull bouy float for 2 lengths after every 10, so that I could re-focus, and have some practice at left side breathing. It was interesting to see that my overall time was better than last week by a little bit. Obviously all things weren't equal, but then again, neither had I done 16 miles running before the other sessions.
Progress.

04/09/2012 at 19:48

Progress with each swim at the moment Blisters!

postie - how long will you go tomorrow?

Pammie - I find that anything that raises my HR - whether it be swimming, biking or running, will keep me awake.

04/09/2012 at 20:02

Swimming - hats off Blisters... I slowly sink....

Pammie nice running

What - Intervals 8.5m (10 mins warm up / 10 mins threshold (1.52m 6.36mm) 5 x 3mins (.47, .47, .48.48. .43 (hill)) at 10k pace then 10 mins threshold (1.55m 6.28mm) 1m cool down....)
Why - Plan said so..... it was HARD...
Last Hard - See above
Last Rest - Fri

Lyrics - Possible

Take care

04/09/2012 at 20:34

Blisters - that's an active day!

Well I did a VERY SLOW 21 miles. First 6miles straight into the strong wind and over a hill - coming to a standstill at points. Next round a 9 mile cicuit with wind coming from all directions. Then back over the hill with the wind behind me - although this felt very much easier I was only managing 11 MM by this stage. Changeable weather with consistent strong Westerly. Not a cloud in the sky when I set off but mist and drizzly rain as I came back over the hill.
A random stranger stopped and told me that I shouldn't be running in this weather (of note is the fact she still didn't feel it appropriate to have dipped headlights on)

A bit stiff now but glad to have got the 21 in the bag today

04/09/2012 at 20:59

Evening

Another busy day on here. Good to see.

I'll need to catch up then.

04/09/2012 at 22:49

Evening!

Had a very pleasant one at Trafford open meeting in the company of Hilly, BR, Marders and PRF. Unfortunately contrived to miss the latter's 3k, but particularly enjoyed watching and admiring a strong run by Marders in his 10k. And we all agreed that 10k on the track is much further than 10k on the roads!

What: during the aforementioned meeting just over 4k walk with lots of walking backwards, other stretches and 6 x 20 second "running".

Session went well...but I would not be at all surprised if there were a reaction in the morning. That's OK...as long as it is relatively brief. If so, its another half brick in the wall.

Blisters    pirate
04/09/2012 at 22:54

Lyrics were known by the vast majority of people over 20.
Another Brick in the Wall Part 2, Pink Floyd.

RFJ, If you want some motivation, then I am truly one who sinks like a brick. I don't even float in the sea. I started my journey into the un-natural environment on May 2nd, by joining the local Tri club and signing up for coached swim sessions, backed up by 2 other slots per week. When I started I could just manage 25m crawl, but needed a breather at the pool end. The coaching was important. Within 3 weeks I'd made 20 lengths, by 6 weeks it was up to 40. I still look like a novice in the pool, but that's not a surprise.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 31 of 31 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.