Tuesday 6th November 2012

21 to 36 of 36 messages
06/11/2012 at 15:42
GGG: indeed, good advice from Chick! Pretty well what I was going to suggest! And still no wiser on the lyrics!
06/11/2012 at 16:00

Afternoon

Reporting back in sorry been awol Got busy at work so its been work and sleep had nearly a week off well apart from Sunday but back again tomorrow no rest for the wicked

Went for a run today planned on running across a nature park locally that even though i've lived here a year never run in this one that was aborted as big puddle in way and wearing only my kinvaras wasn't confident they would be grippy enough (or how deep it was) but did 4.58 miles though

What: 4.58 miles
Why: get running  again
Last Hard Ages
Last Rest: Last 2 weeks
Lyrics i do now

06/11/2012 at 16:04
Good to see you Pammie, and thanks for the comment on the P&D thread, Chick.
06/11/2012 at 17:06

GGG and HH go for Paris...

I wont be in the comp as doing VLM

Good hard session earler, 10 min warm up followed by 6x6 mins at threshold off 60 sec recoveries (.90m, .93m, .92m, .93m, .95m, .93m) on a rolling / undulating route.. and then a 10  in cool down....

Good to have you back Pammie

06/11/2012 at 17:30

Evening

What 8 commute
Why Time to get back
Lyrics Yes saw the film on 26/10 with pp2 and freind.

Had my 2 week break so time to loosen up, base build and then target VLM.

Thought about the Paris comp but am already commited to VLM and thinking of going faster still.

As for training plans, use them as a guide otherwise they get a bit stressful.

06/11/2012 at 17:55

Evening

Thanks RFJ/Alehouse

No Paris for me, I'm  going to Milton Keynes

06/11/2012 at 17:56

Welcome back, Postie! I agree with regard to training plans, both in terms of them being a guide, and also the stress. Of course they are trying to suit everybody, and one size doesn't fit all...too many variables: weight, work, experience etc.

I now know the lyrics: thanks dearest daughter!

06/11/2012 at 18:18

What: 14.5 miles mostly in daylight, very wet and muddy underfoot.
Why: half day and felt like doing something relaxing (and near gale force winds didn't materialise)
Last hard: today
Last rest: today, if you see what I mean
Lyrics: haven't a clue (even with HH' hints)

Still haven't got round to looking at races for next year. Work's been too busy and stressful. Certainly intend going to Cape Wrath again (crazily thinking about entering whole week)

I've never followed any training plans other than my own

06/11/2012 at 21:08

Evening

ale: Yeah that whyIi chose BA Robertson and 'Bang, Bang' yesterday.

06/11/2012 at 21:46

evening

oh my club is booked for cape wrath, so wish I had holiday to spare!

I had a good race!! 3.2 in 28.07, my fastest time on this course! 

not a 5k pb but course pb 

06/11/2012 at 21:55
Well done Wabo! Onwards and upwards! Soon you'll be doing that in the middle of your mid-week long run!!
06/11/2012 at 22:26
Hansyhobs writes "Lyrics: YES, for the first time I've got them! Must say I was getting really sick of the song on the radio but it worked really well in the film"....and here's me thinking the song is "The End" by The doors and the film being Apocalypse Now...ah well only 40 years to late.

Didn't have the best of days today:

Rear axle went on the car, turned my ankle over in a pot hole and............the Tesco 25% off wines expired before I had time to get down there. Consoled myself with a packet of Budgens frozen peas.
Edited: 06/11/2012 at 22:27
06/11/2012 at 23:01

Evening!

Come on Obama -  Pleaaasssse don't let Romney get  in.  Too tired to stay up and watch though... and too tired to read all the other posts on here, so sorry.

What... work work work

why..  one must

Last hard  28/10

Last easy Sunday

Lyrics...  no

night night. x

06/11/2012 at 23:32
Run Wales...agreed about Romney!
Blisters    pirate
06/11/2012 at 23:37

Hello.

Blanked yesterday, blanked today. Lyrics yes. Had to go to school parents evening today, and I've still not written up today's report from work. I seem to be tired from the weekend still. Missed out on e-bay buying a turbo trainer (resistance device for my bike so I can ride it in the garage), as the auction closed when I was out.

I'm looking forward to Friday when I might get a decent run in.

This morning I woke up thinking about the following proverb:

Every morning in Africa, a Gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning a Lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest Gazelle or it will starve to death. It doesn't matter whether you are a Lion or a Gazelle... when the sun comes up, you'd better be running.

06/11/2012 at 23:40

Blisters love that proverb

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 36 of 36 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.