Tuesday session - 29 October

21 to 25 of 25 messages
29/10/2002 at 23:10
What: Treadmill session

Why: My trainer told me to

Last hard: Tonight 16x2mins at 16kph (thank God the machine doesn't go any faster)
Last hard: Sunday hard hilly run

Spinning? Tried it. Found it boring and extremely easy. Sorry but that's the truth
29/10/2002 at 23:15
Just about capable of dragging myself to PC to record tonight's outing with various Wirral AC athletes. I was in a group of 5 (2 men, 2 women) - all the others beat me by at least a minute at Chester Zoo.
No exact record - HRM has been sent to Polar for servicing & repair/to be written off (delete as applicable).
However:
1 mile easy
1/3 mile hard
1/3 mile easy

2 x (1/3 mile hard uphill; jog recovery down the other side; hard back up; jog down)
- gradient about 1 in 10

1/3 mile easy
1 mile hard
1/3 mile easy
¼ mile flat out
1 and 2/3 mile jog recovery

bloody hard - but I did notice the difference in having runners around/in front when it got difficult.
Glad to have got it over. Can't wait for next Tuesday (assuming I eventually recover).
29/10/2002 at 23:24
You've never spun properly i.e with hrm then
30/10/2002 at 18:16
Freaky,
Yes I have but I'm afraid I still found it very easy. Probably too used to being on a bike and too used to running fast sessions on treadmill with my heart rate high. Sorry to disappoint
Psi
31/10/2002 at 00:13
Have to concur about spinning, though I know exactly why I find it easy: I ride my ('real') bike very fast rather a lot!

Suspect for most people it might be rather more beneficial than it is for us cycling speed demons? :)

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 25 of 25 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.