Tuesday Session - 3rd December

21 to 34 of 34 messages
03/12/2002 at 14:10
Hi,
Do you mind if I join you?
What - 6 miles, recovery (quite hilly though!)
Why - Serious traing for FLM starts here
Last hard day - Sunday
Last rest day - Monday

Thats my first visit hope i'll be welcome to join in through my training cheers.
03/12/2002 at 14:21
what: 6 mile steady
why: to get my heart started in the morning and set myself up for another fab day at work

last hard: Sunday
last rest: Monday
03/12/2002 at 14:45
Drew,
really sorry to hear you won't be at the Turkey Trot, was looking forward to rendering myself anoxic by trying to keep up with you for a few miles. I'm looking for at least a sub-1:22 and hopefully a sub-1:21 if the course is a little more forgiving than Worksop (as I managed a 1:22:15 at the latter over a course that I think was quite a bit harder than Robin Hood). I'll be sure and post the gory details shortly after the punishment ends on Sunday.

Any other forumites heading for Keyworth on Sunday??
03/12/2002 at 14:57
What: 4 miles
Why: because I can and I want to
Last hard day: saturday was long but not too hard
Last rest Day: Yesterday
03/12/2002 at 14:58
Sorry MM I wont be there, but interested to know what Drew would hope to do it in if you only plan to keep up with him for the first couple of miles with a 1:22.
03/12/2002 at 15:02
Welcome Morriseyshc
Thought I'd add a p.s. to my earlier post.

Was going to do an easy/steady run,but having (eventually) got my FLM reject fleece I decided to get muddy.
Did around 5-6 miles steady on sodden fields , including 6 reps alternating 2 mins fast/1 min slow jog.

Felt much better when I got in.
In a way its a blessing.Apr 13 is my big sisters 40th birthday and no doubt the Saturday will be reasonably alcoholic.
This also scuppers my plans (was going to do Rotterdam) so I'll have to investigate alternative marathons.

Leading the way at the moment are the midnight sun,Reykjavik,Chicago and, closer to home New Forest.

Good to see you back WildWill.
03/12/2002 at 15:15
Dustin - I was thinking of doing Reykjavík in 2003 as we'll be moving back to the UK in summer 2004 so it'll be my last chance to do it.

Race ya to the finish (although, I suspect, you'd probably win).
03/12/2002 at 15:57
Afternoon all,

Some seriously fast sessions being posted today, hate Achilles who does recovery runs at 6.55. Just to get my own back I'm shortening morriseyhairychest to MHC, hello MCH, hope that's OK and welcome to the training thread.

Tiger, that wouldn't be the Langdale 10K you're doing by any chance would it?

Liked the xcountry report sfhlegs, but confirmed my suspicion that it has all the downsides of offroad (mud etc) but all the pain of a fast road run. Well done.

What: 1 hr hillrun.
Why: haven't been off road for 10 days, and it's not getting any drier is it?
Last hard: Sun 10K
Last rest: yesterday.

I'm still gagging on the atrocious taste of the orange syrup/cod liver oil supplement I bought on impulse today seduced by the message that it's 'good for your joints'. Is this what generations of children have had to suffer then?
Psi
03/12/2002 at 16:39
Okay, late today but I'll still post what I'm doing, which today is:

What: Nothing
Why: First proper post-injury run yesterday.

Last hard: Upper body t'other day.
Last rest: Today.
03/12/2002 at 18:47
just an add on from earlier.

Had a full body massage...........Heaven
Nicko. Hdau    pirate
03/12/2002 at 19:29
Hi guys,

What: gym 1.5hrs
why: cos im stupid
Last hard: yesterday 1hr speed session
Last rest: Saturday

Speedie, whos giving full body massages out?????
03/12/2002 at 19:38
No full body massages for me :-(

What :- Steady 10 miles into work, 1hr:15 ish
Why :- Great way to start the day
Last hard :- Sunday 10 mile race
Last rest :- yesterday

Pitch black when I started at 6:15am, but not too wet ! Our new offices have showers in, fab.
03/12/2002 at 20:12
Great speed sesh in the park. Only running for 45 mins though. Wish I could get out again - might do a video, as it's only 810pm!
Well done on all your speeds/off roads etc...
Laura, I haven't read what your time was, but from a quick glance yesterday, I gather you did well in a 10k on Sunday. I'll go and look it up now. But just to say, well done!!
03/12/2002 at 23:41
It was hill reps again - as feared. I reckon the climbs are (both sides of the hill) 1/3 mile near enough; average gradient 1 in 10 or thereabouts.

Were told we were doing 6 - as we trotted back down the hill for the 6th time, the coach told us that, in the interests of developing "mental strength", we would do a 7th. Oh joy.

Times: 2:05½, 2:10, 2:10 and 2:15 (that 7th rep) on one side of the hill, and
2:05, 2:05½, 2:05½ on the other.

Plus 2 mile warm-up jog and 2½-3 miles warm down - probably covered about 9 miles altogether.

Coach's last words on leaving: "Next time we do that session, we're going to try 8 reps".
There's something to look forward to.....

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 34 of 34 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.