Tuesday Session - 5th November

41 to 44 of 44 messages
05/11/2002 at 22:34
Not (quite!) as lethal a session as last week....speedwork along Hoylake promenade on a lovely mild evening. Fireworks were visible in the distance over Wales as well as somewhat closer...

approx 2 mile warm-up, then

2 x (1 lamppost fast, 4 recovery, 2 fast, 3 recovery, 3 fast, 2 recovery, 4 fast, 1 recovery, 5 fast, 1 recovery);

approx 3 mins recovery and repeat the above...
- except that, as it didn't take us quite to the end of the prom, finished doing (or trying to) 9 lampposts fast.
Lampposts are on average almost exactly 50m apart.
HRM still with Polar, being fixed, so no details on how fast I was running or the HRs recorded. However, it was v competitive and for me it became more than anything a lactic tolerance session - I haven't done one of those for a while.
Early night for me now I think....
05/11/2002 at 22:49
sorry - should have added that session ended with 4-5 mins recovery and approx 1.5 miles warmdown.

I'm going to bed.
WildWill    pirate
05/11/2002 at 23:16
Stuart – I echo what Ironman has said you sound well on your way to be able to do an Ironman, set the goal and go for it – this will also be my first at this distance and am currently tailoring my training plan to suit

Ironman – I am also hoping they decide to make it full distance this year

Snikster – There are loads of TRIs out there right through the summer at what seems to be unlimited variations in length and they are open to everyone – go for it
06/11/2002 at 08:42
Gareth-

sunday marked the start of my winter training, over the next 3 months it gets harder and then i ease back off again, my way of thinking is i do endurance to get strength then i get speed through strength all this takes about 6 months but im still learning.
anyway sunday session went like this-
3mile warm up
12 x 1K with 60,50,40,30,20,10,20,30,40,50,60 sec recovery.
3mile warm down.
I did not time the 1k's cos thats not what this session is about , its important to run strong and maintain form as you become more tired.
I did have every intention to jog the recoveries but after the third one i just staggered about in the recovery period.
But talk about job satisfaction.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 44 of 44 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.