Plum    pirate
15/01/2003 at 16:28
What; 10x 400reps with 200 jog recovery
Why; determined to try harder for that elusive 3.15
last hard; X-Country Sunday
last rest; Saturday
15/01/2003 at 16:56
hi hippo -

I know this is continuing a discussion from 24 hours ago but one of the factors you should account for is that you may well not be rested enough to get the best out of your speed sessions, especially given your exhausting work patterns. another reason why you shouldn't be giving yourself a hard time. you're doing them, which is great and you should feel good about that.

also, do you remember to hydrate properly? I find it's a really good idea to take 500ml of sports drink along to interval sessions and get it down regularly. it does make a difference.
15/01/2003 at 17:26
Ahem, well im lucky if i take in 500 mls a day
That is before thr gin though
Ill consider myself slapped
Absoultely SHATTERED today, must have tried hard
15/01/2003 at 18:02
in the good old days gentlemen running the marathon would hydrate with the odd nip of brandy. and Julie Welch has a nice story in her 26.2 book, about someone seeing these guard's officers running the FLM a couple of years back who were met around the Tower of London mark by a butler with a silver salver bearing glasses of port - I can't remember now if they toasted the Queen before carrying on, but it seems to me like the right spirit (as it were).
15/01/2003 at 18:03
Good idea Achilles
Ill stick to gin then
RIGHT, RUN
(oh HOW I want today to be a rest day)

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 46 of 46 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.