Tuesday session (15/10/02)

21 to 31 of 31 messages
15/10/2002 at 15:19
Wet & windy in SW Herts too. The Chilterns look great whatever the weather if you take the time look.

What - 75 lengths fast, 12 wram up 12 cool down
Why - can't run, cycle or do anything else 'till Friday
Last hard day - 9 days
Next hard day - 26 days
15/10/2002 at 15:24
Good afternoon, spent all this morning filling in insurance claim forms and drawing little pictures...car now officially written off.

What: easy 5 miler
Why: ease the aches and pains..followed by a nice long bath

Last hard: sunday
Last rest: yesterday (not by choice)
15/10/2002 at 15:29
Were you awaiting a reply, Mike? Sorry - I didn't realise. Maybe should take some ginseng and gingko biloba for my memory (there IS some evidence that the latter might help, though it's nothing special in terms of quality of studies or statistics). Dunno. Herbs are SO yesterday. Take it if you like it. About 99% of what I do in the name of ethnocentrically western allopathic medicine is no better than white magic anyway, and I'm not even sure which 99% it is. Whatever, I didn't take anything that made medicinal claims and my cold has fizzled out without amounting to more than a tickle and a spot of snot.

Realised today why I forked out for gym membership. Still bucketing breezily outside. Managed three miles of intervals on the treadmill (got up to 8mph for two whole minutes, which is a born-again PB, especially as I'd forgotten to drop the gradient from 4% after warming up) and a 1.2km swim. Can't go home and pretend I worked all afternoon, because I met Mr V-rap in the pool where he was trying to swim off the tail end of his cold.

Unusual lack of endorphins, though! I must need an easy week.
15/10/2002 at 15:59
Hi all. Weather is pants here in Nottingham too.

What: normally 5-6 mile club run but may end up in the gym
Why: I've got no probs with running in the rain but I've run out of disposable contact lenses and I'm worried about having another close encounter with a lampost.
Last rest day: yesterday (although a 13 hour day at work is hardly a rest!)
Last hard day: sunday
15/10/2002 at 18:13
Stopped raining, so about a 4 mile run/walk
Took 45 minutes though, i blame the hills and the wind

RR, I run with steamed up glasses
15/10/2002 at 18:14
PB, one day , IF I ever finish this MD, Ill have to have a viva
I didnt know you were one of those scary people!
15/10/2002 at 21:44
Benz, I chickened out and didn't even go to the gym. The last time I ran with steamed up glasses I nearly had a nasty accident with a lampost..hence my aversion to doing it again!
15/10/2002 at 21:44
Bad RR tomorrow is another day!
15/10/2002 at 22:10
What a let down.
Turned up at the appointed hour and place - and no one else did. Maybe they'd called it off but didn't have my number. Waited 30 mins in the twilight.

Subsequently did 9.3K - alone - in 38:26. Felt p*ssed off, had to come back into a gale, HR played up as well - think it's on its last legs. Not a great evening.
15/10/2002 at 22:50
What: about 6-7 miles, slowly. I meant to do 10.5 loop, but as soon as I left the house my legs felt absolutely dead. Ended up dragging myself round, which was a pity since I'd been looking forward to my run all day.
Why: still can't think of a good answer to this one :)
Last hard run: y/day
Next rest day: tomorrow, unless I awake filled with energy!
Psi
16/10/2002 at 01:04
What: Speedwork - 1.8 mile warm-up, 4 miles of very fast/quite slow intervals, 1.8 mile cool down.
Why: It's (or rather, it was) Tuesday - my speedwork day.

Last hard run: The above, definitely. Good to get moving doing the lactic acid-fests though.
Last rest day: Today! (Wednesday)

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 31 of 31 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.