Tuesday session (24/9/2002)

1 to 20 of 24 messages
24/09/2002 at 06:48
Last nights session ended up being 30 minutes easy as whilst I wasn't feeling exceptionally tired - in the interests of self preservation decided to take it easy. In any event expecting to cut mileage by about one third this week as part of marathon taper.

Today: one hour (including 3 x 5 minutes fast - half marathon pace, 3 mins recovery)
Why: Gentle speed session
Last rest: Friday
Last hard: Sunday

Over the last few days the knee injury that has plagued me all summer has started to receed, I have a theory as to what the root cause of the injury has been which I'm currently testing - if it turns out to be true then it will surely be the most ridiculous thing you have ever heard.........watch this space!
24/09/2002 at 07:07
What: rest day
last hard: yesterday
thinking of resting today and tomorrow in preparation for a 16 miler on Thursday.

Martin H - am intrigued!
WildWill    pirate
24/09/2002 at 08:36
Morning all

What: Steady 30 min Swim at lunchtime – 6-8mile paced run this evening
Why : Club night tonight

Looking forward to my first run for over a week :o)

Last Rest day: Saturday
24/09/2002 at 08:41
Xtraining still (5 miles* yesterday)- afraid to run on the road at the moment because of my back and with windsor coming up it's not the prep i need, but at least it's working the old heart and lungs.

need a kick in the butt to get outside and training. as i haven't been on the road in about 10 days.
24/09/2002 at 09:33
Martin, spill the beans. Don't leave us in suspense!

What: About 7 miles after my early finish this afternoon, intensity depending on how I feel. Then might take Kevin out for a little walk/jog.
Why: Obeying the schedules again (after blowing them yesterday by having a recovery run and a 1200m swim instead of one or the other) and getting Kevin's legs ready to cope with that big hill in Scotland.
Last rest day: Friday.
Last hard day: Sunday.
24/09/2002 at 10:01
what: some form of short speed session (but NOT sprinting)
why: on a taper
last rest: yesterday
last tough day: saturday

MartinH: i suspect it's something like:
the car seat was too far forward
I alwasy cross my left leg over my right....
Mij
24/09/2002 at 10:18
what - steady 4
why - need to keep the numbers going but have several slight aches
last hard - Thursday
last rest Sunday

Just bought a second pair of 2070's and some Roc's so I must keep training AND do some cross country this season.
24/09/2002 at 10:31
sfh - not correct, but I did suspect at one point that it was due to the way I got out of / into the car.

I will reveal all before the end of the week.
24/09/2002 at 10:45
What:
AM - 5 miles easy
PM - 9 miles incl 5 x 1 mile at 10k pace with 200m recoveries
Why: Speeeeeeeeeed
Last hard run - Thursday
Last rest day - Sunday

24/09/2002 at 11:06
Enjoyed my gym session last night
10 mins rower (warm up)
light weights x 20 reps x 2
10 mins treadmill (tried a faster run at 9.5kph sick of being a plodder))
10 mins stretching and cool down.
Felt really good when I walked out.
Club night tonight - 6/7 mile run, and looking forward to it.

24/09/2002 at 11:36
What: 9 mile hilly fartlek with club
Why: How can I resist?
Last hard run: Sunday
Last rest day: Thursday
24/09/2002 at 11:56
What: 3-4 miles brisk
Why: Tapering for Sunday (5 days to go.....wahhh!), although how I can call it a taper from last week's virtually nil mileage, I don't know.

Not much point in doing any more longer runs now. I know I haven't done as much training as I needed/wanted to, but that's life. I've still done SOOOOO much more than I did for London 2000, so I should at least be able to run most of the way, and be able to walk on Monday.
24/09/2002 at 12:54
Can barely walk after Sunday never mind run. might need a few more days off!
24/09/2002 at 12:56
Haven't posted anything yet as my legs still don't fell q right from Sunday. Did want to do something fairly fast with 5K race in view next Sunday.
Will decide what to do on getting home....
24/09/2002 at 13:42
Afternoon campers,
Thought I felt better after yesterdays nausea/dizziness so set off to the gym to do 12*400 at 5k pace.
Instead did 4*400 before feeling shagged out, so thought I'd attempt a couple of miles steady: did about 1 mile before feeling sick.
All in all 4 miles in 30 minutes - not bad given how I feel.
So the upside is that with Windsor on Sunday, I'm following the sensible road and missing sessions (Dustin in following advice shocker!) until I feel top drawer again.

Don't want to jeopordise the 100 day training plan for a halfM pb with overdoing it in the last week.

Last Hard run : Thursday
Last easy run : Saturday
Rest days : Sunday/Monday

24/09/2002 at 15:41
What: Intervals in the gym (with my mum, bless her, standing next to me trying to talk to me whilst I'm wearing my eyephones and listening to something else.) Plus weight training after and health spa loathing around.

I thought

2km warm up at 12kph then,
4 x 400m at 14kph with
4 x 400m at 12kph recoveries then,
4 x 200m at 15kph with
4 x 400m at 12kph recoveries, then
2 x 100m at 16kph with
1 x 400m at 11kph recovery (finishing on the sprint)

and if my maths is correct that's 8.2km and should take me just about 39mins.

Why: My interval session of the week and one of my weights sessions.

Last hard day: Sunday
Last rest day: Yesterday

Bet I whimp out and cut it short. I know, it'll probably be my mums fault because she'll drag me off to the jacuzzi for a soak :)
WildWill    pirate
24/09/2002 at 15:43
Caz

With eyephones do you get to watch what your listening too ?

;o)

Will
24/09/2002 at 15:45
Oops, cheers Will, I mean earphones! LOL
24/09/2002 at 16:22
What: did 2 miles gentle at lunchtime
Why: onto a basic maintenance programme during the week now. Need to get my PhD thesis submitted before Christmas so all club runs/long runs have to be abandoned during the week while I work.
Last rest day: yesterday
Last hard day: Friday
24/09/2002 at 19:47
Lunchtime: run with the kids, including some undulating off -road relay type intervals - fun!

Evening - warm up, 3 x 1km in 3:40ish, off 300m easy recoveries, warm down.

Why? wanted to do something hardish but had to fit it in while my son was playing a school 5 a side match.
1 to 20 of 24 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.