Two runs a day

5 messages
03/02/2014 at 22:58
Started adding some double sessions into my training, just wondering what is the best ways to recover during the day after your morning run? Any tips welcome!
04/02/2014 at 06:36
Eat well, hydrate and leave a decent rest period between them. Don't make the second run anything fancy.
04/02/2014 at 08:53

Have some breakfast and then get on with your day? Either am or pm run can be a quality session, and the other an easy/recovery type run. I rarely bother with doubles unless I start doing high weekly mileage, or life gets in the way of a long session

05/02/2014 at 12:29

Start by making both runs easy, and relatively short.  If you need to do anything particular to recover from runs like that you probably shouldn't be doing doubles yet.

05/02/2014 at 12:31
What's the rest of your training week like?
What are you training for?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.