Why: Running
Last Hard: I forget
Last Rest: A while back

Building the base as ever.

Have a good day y'all!

10/12/2008 at 08:53

Morning peeps.

Quiet on here today !

What: 4M Steady on a cold and frosty morning again. Very enjoyable.

Lyrics: No.

Have a good one.

10/12/2008 at 09:39
Bonjour!
Club night last night : 12x400m (approx) on grass, 100m slow recovery. Ran wel but think I may have tweaked a hammy, felt a bit tender on the cool down, and still stiff this morning. Therefore, easy jogging today to see if its just an age thing!
Won't be around on the forums for a few days so if you're racing this weekend, good luck!!!
10/12/2008 at 10:26

Hello!

I'm not around much at the moment - busy working (kind of - one day I'll get paid!)

• What: a run? a bike? we'll see....
  • Why: swim pool closed week (I did promise I was going to go to the gym but...

Haven't read yesterday's thread yet - but that swim from two (more?) days ago sounds nice, NZC (except the kayak bit - that's more trinni)

Have fun all 

10/12/2008 at 10:49

ILL. Off work, pissed off.

No Stevenage 5k tonight and possibly no Andy Reading 10k Sunday. nadgers....

Dubai Dave    pirate
10/12/2008 at 10:58

Greetings

back to work today, but really quiet on the roads as schools and government still closed.

What: 10K included 2K warm up, 5 x 1K @ 4-12 min/K  off 90 sec recoveries, 2K warm down.
Why: Having been on holday for 5 days and thus training harder then usual I canned the sixth 1K
Last Hard: Today, really didn't feel like doing speedwork it was the triumph of mind over matter
Last Rest: 9.11.08

I noticed that yestedays run which was on the same route and the same distance as my first "long run" back from illness 4 weeks ago was run at a average speed of 12.8 KPH and Average HR of 138 BPM against 11.3 KPH and 153 BPM 4 weeks ago, Now I feel better!

TmR: Whilst I hope to run for years to come, I certainly don't assume that there will be a next marathon anymore, far too many injuries, illnesses and health scares over the past two years to feel anything but very mortal.

Have a great day 

10/12/2008 at 11:19

Good morning all.

What: 7.1 miles slippy slidy on the ice
Why: wednesday and I'm working at home
Last hard: if I'm honest not much recently
Last rest: sunday

Pleased with that.  Same route as last wednesday.  12 secs/mile better pace, with HR 5 bpm lower. Gorgeous day out there, although some of the lane and pavements were a bit treacherous.

Shower and food time then back to work...

10/12/2008 at 13:13
Morning all,

In UK for a few days to include surprise for my two older daughters tonight and sign up a UK distributor for the book. Damn it's cold!

What easy 3 miles later
Why very easy on the tendons
Last hard ages

Have a great day
IronMelissa    pirate
10/12/2008 at 13:29

Morning all,

I did nothing yesterday after all - despite feeling twitchy on the days when I don't train, I am also receiving messages from my body that a) it is not ready for anything consistent yet and b) it does not want to get in a swimming pool! Isn't it a woman's prerogative to change her mind?! I'm also commuting 65 miles each way most days at the moment, which cuts into the day a bit. 

Have a good trip Trini! Will you post the link to your book again?

What: turbo session with harder bits
Why: trying to encourage myself to get moving again, so I don't get fat!
Last hard: 23 Nov
Last rest: most of the last 2.5 weeks really

Good runnings all.

10/12/2008 at 13:33
Hello Trin, you are right about the weather.

What: 20 miles started at 4.45(Gobi o Clock is back) d&d
3 miles + drills at lunchtime d&d
3-5 miles PM
Why: circuits cancelled so an extra short run
Last hard: mentally this morning physically the weekend
Last rest: Friday 5th December

I think I may know the lyrics

Reading back to yesterday.

NZC/AF, maybe the fact I can run on IS the problem
TT, just how I feel
Marmite, I set standards and this year I failed to achieve them therefore I cocked up :~)
Edited: 10/12/2008 at 13:42
10/12/2008 at 13:48

Afternoon

Dustin - Hope the hammy is alright, take care

What: 5.76 miles
Why: Easy run
Last Hard: Last night at the club

Surprisingly the pavements round my neighbourhood were ok, headed out towars the river the path alongside river was icy about 1½ miles into run thought it was only one or two patches but No. Decided to go back and try another path this was better

10/12/2008 at 13:50
Afternoon folks.

4.45? Mad.....

Just back from an easy 5.4 miles (41mins-odd) in lovely conditions, then it's supposed to be a track session with the club tonight. Might need to re-assess things if the track is icy/frozen, but in the meantime the plan is to run a 10k parlauf. Just need to play it by ear.

Have a great day.
10/12/2008 at 13:55
LOL Scobos, this is a lie in when it goes out to 25 miles I start at 4.15 :~)
10/12/2008 at 13:59
4:45 - walking to the station - someone needs to oil the wheels of international capitalism....;-)
Dubai Dave    pirate
10/12/2008 at 14:16

Whats wrong with 0445? In the summer we start at 0400!

As for oiling the wheels of international capitalism, I kinda thought they had fallen off??

Yesterdays lyrics were Massachusetts the Bee Gees. You need to be old to remember that one.

Trini: I don't intend to find out how cold the Uk is, 11C here yesterday morning was quite cold enough for me.

10/12/2008 at 14:39
Gobi - so you 6min/mile the first 5 miles of your 25? ;o)

4.45 - sound asleep. Or lying awake wondering how the hell Gobi does it.
10/12/2008 at 14:41
Nah just finish later :~)

Set alarm get sorry arse out of bed, when not in mood remember which races I have coming up.

DD, sure 4am is nicer for you than it is for me with the UK weather.
10/12/2008 at 14:41

afternoon

dustin have you had your ou result??

I passed, grade 3, not  great but  a pass!!! I am so happy.

what:  short plod and swim later

why: I want to

last hard: last night 5 k race around the new cycle track, very hard

last easy: 30/11

10/12/2008 at 14:54

woohoo Wabo, well done on passing.  Is that the end of OU for you or do you have more next year?

10/12/2008 at 15:29

Great work Wabo!!!

Just checked, passed my final year (another distinction!!). Proud owner of a degree now and I think the full title is BSc (Honours) in Social Sciences with Geography and Economics (First Class Honours).
If the wheels have fallen off the capitalist wagon, I guess I'll start teaching training in the new year after all.......

1 to 20 of 33 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.