Wednesday 10th of June 2009

21 to 24 of 24 messages
10/06/2009 at 22:05

Sharkie - congrats on the 200m PB - 34.5 - great stuff.

AF - good to see you back.

Scobos - a huge weekend and sounds like you loved every minute of it.

40 mins - hope the 5k went well.

Jason 27 - also hope your exam went well.

Tipp Top - sounds like you had an awsome holiday and you've come home to find yourself on the elite start at Dublin and sponsorships are rolling in - nice!!

TMR - that Howard Grubb site is good - helps to make our current times actually look pretty good when you put them into the age-calculator;-)

What: 6 miles - flat and easy with mates.

Good running everyone.

10/06/2009 at 22:06

Yep ,Ridgeway is the target but not getting hung up on it . I have a few lined up in between really just extra long runs with company.

Intention is to double up most weekdays 5M in the morning at 8's and longer evening runs at 9's with club runs and mid-week 10K's faster to stop me stagnating (prob around 7's). If this works out it should give me tonne up weeks through June / July and the first part of August and if nothing else it'll give me a great base to build from.

10/06/2009 at 22:33

DD, mava, I have a memory of doing something like that when stranded at Gatwick, or getting down there in the evening for an early plane - though I avoid using Gatwick if at all poss

TT welcome back.  What time would you have to do to get, say, European champs selection ? (And, must mention, that I hold myself responsible for getting the guy who won Edinbrough to remember his Scottish ancestry, and claim it to be eligible for the Commonwealth Games - over breakfast in Florence the day after the mar there)

NZC, yup, I like to think that my marathon time is worth a young guy's sub 2:40

What: 8.4 ml easy felt very tired, stiff and sluggish after yeasterday, but then that was the first big session for ages
Why: getting back into routine

10/06/2009 at 23:12

Evening all.

Over-run of work meeting meant I never made the 5K race, but I did get to join our club run.  Special 25th anniversary run, where our various groups set off & then re-grouped from many different directions after 30 minutes at the pub where the original club run was held.  8 runners back then, 63 turned up today.  A few photos taken & a few words from our Chairman, then another 30 minutes of running back to the track.  So -

What:  7-8 miles in an hour, with 5 min break after 30 mins
Why:  See above
Last hard:  3 days
Last rest:  2 days

Probably get out for an easy 5 tomorrow.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 24 of 24 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.