Wednesday 15th August 2012

1 to 20 of 52 messages
Blisters    pirate
15/08/2012 at 00:14

That's great, it starts with an earthquake, birds and
snakes, an aeroplane and Lenny Bruce is not afraid.

The lyrics are inspired by a cartoon I saw during the Olympic period, "and in other news..."

Nice to see some new and old faces.
I don't know what's on my programme today, I'll take a weather check. I mangled my running legs Monday, swum a mile yesterday. So no doubt it will rain...

15/08/2012 at 00:20

I was verrrry slowww at typingg because my keyyyyys are allll sticking! Funily enough I know the lyrics!

15/08/2012 at 05:59

Morning

Yesterdays lyrics: 'Rio' by Duran, Duran.

What: 4.5M Steady

Why: A recovery run

Nice sun rise, Dry and warm so far.

Catch up over brekkie.

Back later

15/08/2012 at 06:33

snap; Yeah first one on chooses lyrics Please be aware, there have been some 'crackers' posted. Okay often by me I admit

15/08/2012 at 06:49

Morning.

Great to see you TR. Feeling better now?

We'd appreciate a new lyrics setter Snap, especially when birkmyre is on holiday and we end up with a week of mine!

OH - lovely to see you here too. I cannot tell you how much I'm looking forward to trying sea kayaking - and exploring your beautiful aprt of the world. Elspeth tells me that Kirkwall Half is flat but I think this may be relative?

Blisters - it's great when you get those breakthroughs. I have to admit that I was so overjoyed to have the indoor pool back yesterday that I did my longest swim for months. I'm planning on doing some OW whilst in Orkney but mine will be in a wetsuit unlike OH!

Dry and warm here too birkmyre but we're forecast rain this afternoon just when Grace's friend is due to visit!

What:             easy run
Why:              legs still feeling Monday a little/half marathon on Sunday
Last hard:       20/7
Last rest:        11/8

Lyrics - no.

15/08/2012 at 07:02

Morning LMH: Yup the more the merrier who start this thread.

Think heavy rain forecast later here today, warm rain though...

Dubai Dave    pirate
15/08/2012 at 07:04

Morning Folks

Back from the annual trip to those Valencian hill above Alicante, damn hot in the sand pit.

Old and new faces on here, welcome to all. 

Have been back 12 days and am trying to lose the 6kg that appeared post Outlaw, half of it has melted away so getting there. Back into training mode as the new season approaches, so

What: 2 K swim set at lunch, Intervals on the track tonight
Why: The race season is approaching
Last hard: Outlaw 1st July
Last Rest: 12 days 

15/08/2012 at 08:19

What:            legs only swim (well, obviously all of me will be in the pool, but I'll only be using my legs)
Why:             ankle strengtheniinginging - and it hurts so I quite like it.
Last hard:       13/12
Last rest:        14/12

Lyrics - no - and I'm resisting the urge to google them. 

Talking of swimming - anyone here ever done a marathon swim? 

15/08/2012 at 09:34

Hold on, I think I've got it... anything to do with Ronald The Raygun? 

15/08/2012 at 09:48

morning all

lyrics, no

snap I need to do some of that legs only my style is awful! Like that you like that it  hurts!

lmh sea kayaking, wow! Did white water at llangollen, loved it till I subsided! ha ha

alehouse nobody likes sticky keyboards!

What: 5k race hopefully

why: achilles totally fine now so I think it was overload on MOnday, when will I learn!

last hard: monday

last easy: yesterday

have a good day all

15/08/2012 at 09:51

Glad the Achilles feels good today, Wabo: make sure you do lots of stretching to prevent a recurrence. Ice pack is on mine as I write: 26th icing in 45 hours!

15/08/2012 at 09:55

morning all, and hello & welcome to the newbies! 
what - 4 or 5 steady
why - midweek lethargy
last hard - fitting in 2 miles yesterday
last rest - sometime last week

lyric - yes indeedy

have a tip top day

15/08/2012 at 10:16

Good luck with the race Wabo - I've found the swimming has helped some odd little niggles and nagging little pains that have just gone away with remarkably little effort. I've also found it really useful for CV fitness and teh improvements come quickly. Or that's what I think.

15/08/2012 at 10:22

Love this little daily thread, I'm a constant ghost viewer so thought I'd better pop my head in!!

Trying to work out the whole lyrics and shenanigans that go on in here, when i first started reading, it seemed like a thread for rambling mental folk

Does anyone experienced wanna talk me through the lyrics thing etc?!?!? Is it the song you have in your head whilst running or actually listening to?? Intriguing for sure!!

Cheers - Chris

15/08/2012 at 10:37

Welcome, CG4: the format is...
what
why
last hard
last rest
Possible comments about the weather/other people's training/races etc.
And the lyrics...first one up in the morning sets, preferably the first lines  and preferably either running related or topical. They are then revealed last thing at night, or more likely, the next day.

Stick around and you will get the hang of it.

And yes, it is indeed a thread for rambling mental folk (or at least one of us is).

15/08/2012 at 10:45

Make that two Alehouse!

Hello CG4 - glad you felt safe enough to delurk

snap - longest I've swum is 5k.

DD - your holiday flew by didn't it. Outlaw again next year or somewhere different?

15/08/2012 at 10:50

I'll stick around then!! That makes sense, I'm with it.

Look forward to joining in the ramblings then, nice one.

15/08/2012 at 11:56
Ramblings for today.......

What: 7.2m steady and relaxed
Why; Timed this to get a feel for what steady and relaxed pace is.
Last Hard: Today...I know that doesn't make sense but see below
Last Rest: Saturday 4th August

The plan for today was to go out comfortable and just clock what pace that produced. Conditions were humid and windy but was running relaxed 8:00 miles up to 6miles...then the wheels came off. I suspect that it was an accelerating cardiac drift that pushed me through my lactic threshold and I guess yesterdays fartlek session had left some lead in the legs.

Lyrics: not tday, but I did recognise the ones from the aborted thread.

Alehouse: re your achilles/calf issues, is it an accumulation of scar tissue that is causing the muscle/tendon to tear when it's put under stress?
15/08/2012 at 12:00
Hang on a minute...Lyrics yes...Rapid Eye Movement saves the day.
15/08/2012 at 12:19

cheers alehouse, that is the problem with me, when theystart to feel ok again I forget the stretching!

1 to 20 of 52 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.