Wednesday 16th August

1 to 20 of 82 messages
16/08/2006 at 06:57
Can't be first surely?

Yesterday : 6x1km with 300m recoveries
reps done at 4min/km pace.
Including 1.25 warmup/down did 7.5 miles in a shade over 55 minutes.
Bottom line: there is a bit of speed left after all!

Veering towards Luton marathon in December as a 'warm up' for FLM....

Have a good day
K9
16/08/2006 at 07:02
morning Dustin!

what: 8 miles easy after work
Why: adding to the miles for the week I s'pose. Saving tempo for tomorrow
Last hard: Mondays intervals
Last rest: 10 days or so

Happy running peeps :o)
16/08/2006 at 07:03
Morning

Welcome back BT

What :10 miler run
Why : schedule

Very pleasing run today and considering jab tomorrow and being so tired a good result.
beat training partner again:-))

Have a good day
16/08/2006 at 07:03
AJH

Well done on getting back running hope it all goes well:-)
16/08/2006 at 07:57
morning

NZC you are flying along whether 20.59 or 21.01 - did you find out which it was?

tom - mmm jelly and ice cream, hope it was red jelly. don't think you'd get all my candles in it though

enjoy the R-U-N today AJH, it'll feel great, patience rewarded. root canal isn't as bad as you expect. except i got cramp in my foot half way through and scared the dentist

scobos - that was some performance and cracking pb. really captured the moment in your report too. well done mrs S as well, and your club

200 mins seems to be going from strength to strength. not to underestimate the mountain he is climbing with such determination but he seems to be visibly getting up it on a daily basis, keep going dave. school runner - i think the emotion is part of the deal, expect you are getting masses of that too, hope you have some moral support to help you through. we are with you of course.

nice work poppy - is your achilles back to normal now? how long from initial injury?

well yesterday's effort was better than planned. did the 'fieldwork' with no reaction and felt stronger so went on the road for half an hour after as well. seems ok today

what - still careful so no run today, wait till tomorrow and go for a bit longer
why - patience. and the 2nd round of club championship to deal with (golf)
16/08/2006 at 08:30
I can still feel Sunday's long run in my legs. Still not sure what to do today. Or rather, how to approach it. I think I'll just have to wait and see how I feel when i get out there. Heavy rain is promised and that's not nice on the open road. But I do want a surface that doesn't require too much brain power in my feet. If you see what I mean.
16/08/2006 at 08:30
Morning everyone,
Thanks AF, Melli and Clink - happy to report it was 20.59!

Great half marathons Scobos and Stuart G - I can see some great competition between you two in the future!

Glad to see 200 mins' progress - thanks School Runner for keeping us up to date.

What: Short walk/run with the dog as he is bouncing back again and 10 miles - just over 6 of it with 70 year old friend. Be wonderful to still be running as well as he is at 70!

Have a good day now.
Ultra AJH    pirate
16/08/2006 at 08:37
Off for my run in a minute!!!

Thanks for good wishes.

Have had root canal before Clink, but it quickly failed and ended up sitting on the doorstep outside the dentist in tears waiting for it to open......out came the tooth, in came the infections was a flippin nightmare so I am aprehensive.

Nuff of that......running....wheeee.
16/08/2006 at 08:53
NZChristine, congrats on the sub 21 :0).
Glad to hear the 200mins is going from strength to strength.

what - am 45 mins easy. pm 45 mins easy
why - recovery day
last hard - yeasterday
last rest - 9 days
16/08/2006 at 08:59
Morning!

Hope you are out there enjoying it AJH

Good racing Scobos

Awesome 25m/m performances from 200mins - still trying to think of hiding places for his trainers...

What: Cycle ride
Why: Rude not to
Lyrics: Yes - seems a long time since the cup was on the telly every night but only a few weeks ago.
16/08/2006 at 09:10
just read back, well run Stuart and Scobos..

Root Canals, hmm had a few of those in the past, ok as long as I'm suitably drugged...
16/08/2006 at 09:17
What: Going to watch a bunch of overpaid, overhyped let-downs vs Greece at Old Trafford

Why: I want to shout abuse at Lampard (not really - watching an England international is on my list of "things to do before baby elsombrero joins us in December sometime"

Last rest: Sunday

Last hard: Did 6 miles in 47:22 last night with club - was hard between 4 & 5 miles keeping the pace up, particually as I went off on my own then.

Great to hear 200minute's progress. Have a good day all......
16/08/2006 at 09:33
Elsombrero - nice running.

Root canals - sympathy from me.

WP - have you done your 10 miles yet?
16/08/2006 at 09:40
Morning

NZC, you must be very pleased with 20.59, that second makes a big difference doesn't it? :-)
I really hate it when I go over by 1 or 2 secs, but am fine if it's 10 or more. My FLM this year was over by 2 secs and I wonder could I have sprinted harder to just sneak under the 2:56. The clock at the finish was showing actual time not chip so I didn't realise how close I was. Had I realised I was so close I like to think I might've done it.

what:15 miles
why:mid week long run
16/08/2006 at 09:41
What: 3.8Miles including 8x200m with 1 min recovery early am.
Why: Schedule, faster, taking afternoon off work to do family stuff.

Aimed for 48s per 200m, and most were in the 46-50s range. Given that it was on a footpath and I was dodging nettles and brambles, then I'm quite pleased with that.

Have a good day all.

Dave
16/08/2006 at 09:42
I am sad to say I know the lyrics

What: brick session EASY AM + upperbody in gym
ride home PM EASY
Why: LOL I'm doing a triatlon for the first time in over 2 years so thought I better ride my bike.
Last hard: Sunday
Last rest: Monday

Last night I went to club so my rest day was stopped by 7X800 very very very easy
16/08/2006 at 09:42
Good to hear BR in good spirits!

NZC - isn't that approach to goal-meeting exclusive to pole vaulters?

Welcome back Tim & Simon. I had hoped for comments during the EC from you guys (the thanks you get for reporting in from the WC, hey? ;-)

Yesterday did 4k iso planned 3 as I felt good and compensating as stationary bike bored me senseless after minutes.
Today combination of duvet monster and wrong clock setting on hotel room tv got in the way of little morning plod.

What: rest
Why: above + long drive pm and want to nurse ankle (feeling a tad tender this morning)
Last rest: friday
Last hard: hard???
16/08/2006 at 09:43
Morning - not posted for a bit due to being a bit poorly (a legacy of the pneumonia earlier in the year) and general down-ness over: training/achievement (or lack of it)/skill level/talent (lack of) etc., etc. (yawn) . I also have a v. v. important race on Sunday (bike) which I am terrifried about, which isn't helping. The one good news is that I received an Excel document via email last night which shows that I am in the lead on the running club's fell race championship. So that's something. It also tells me that I need to prioritize.

Clink - happy birthday for earlier in the week

Popsider - unfortunately I'll be on holiday for that TT. I would love to do an open TT before the end of the season, and need to find one in a hurry. I think there might be a couple in Chesterfield in September??

Lyrics - thanks to hollywood's prompt I know them for a change :-)

AJH - have a fantastic run

What: Out on the bike for a couple of hours with my fearless friend
Why: General bike fitness
Last hard: ?
Last rest: Yesterday
Ultra AJH    pirate
16/08/2006 at 09:45
2 miles!

Not out there sadly, on the treadmill Hollywood, but still. Just want to be careful.

That makes it 197 to go.
SGQ
16/08/2006 at 09:45
Morning all,

What: hills later on this evening
Why: half-marathon in just over 6 weeks!
Last hard: Sunday
Last rest: Monday

Cirencester 10K at end-Sept will be the first race I've entered since FLM. Then it is quickly followed by Cricklade half-marathon a week later and Swindon half-marathon a fortnight after that. At the moment, I'm way off matching last year's times for any of those courses, but who knows what will happen in the next 6 weeks?
1 to 20 of 82 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.