Wednesday 16th May 2006

81 to 88 of 88 messages
16/05/2007 at 22:12
Vrap, so your higher HR, 10 days after FLM, was cos you hadn't recovered from the marathon as much as I had then, cos you hadn't had any days off ? What was your % today - I'll guess 70-72% ie 20 beats slower for 80 secs pace cf with your Tewkesbury pace ?
16/05/2007 at 22:20
Evening all.

What: 8.25 miles in just over the hour
Why: Club night

Just 4 in my group tonight, all better than me, so we clipped along at a fair pace. Good session.
16/05/2007 at 22:33
SiT - snap with the `generally crap' training followed by amazing shorter runs - your 5 x 1k and my 10 x 1k @ Salford with no recovery:-)

Best wishes to Mary.

Sodahead - good mileage.

Askern 10k #8

Same old story - an even paced effort with all the usual effort but I was pleased to finish in 34:55.

Strangely at about 8k / 27 mins into the race I had an overwhelming urge just to sit down at the side of the road, I felt so tired. But there were guys behind me who I just had to beat and there was a beautful face waiting for me at the end so I couldn't let either of us down.

I knew this was probably on the cards after the effort I had to put in on Saturday to get a reasonable time for my club still way down on where I should have been pre FLM.

I was honoured to give Drew a lift for the 1st km:-)

Finished 11th I think which is what I predicted pre-race. Prob a £20 voucher if I know the Askern 10k of old:-)
Blisters    pirate
16/05/2007 at 22:36
I've read up.
Consolations to Mary.
Lizzy- I don't know whether to laugh or cry!
MikeS - good reps there, I feel that the next week's set will be even better.
200m - glad to hear that you're out htere and enjoying it.

Me? ah. nada. I knew that this week would be tough.
Next race: 5km tomorrow
Then: 10km Monday.

Buzzin.
16/05/2007 at 22:36
Not that good, TmR. Today was 79.5%. And that's having raced twice more and only had one day off.
16/05/2007 at 22:37
Well done, BR :o)
16/05/2007 at 22:43
Evening

Happy Birthday Stuart

Well done Micksta
Scooby mines broke too, might need to get a new one but don't know which one.

Looking for a bit of advice here.
Because of my complicated shift system i can at times have up to a week off. Would like to do more hours at work, but isn't possible at the moment, so to make the most of my free time i've been toying with the idea of a second workout in the day. Is this a good or bad idea let me know.
Firstly i understand that my mileage doesn't warrant a 2nd workout (22 miles last week but rising)
Bearing in mind i'm focussing on 5kms till probably end of September.

On my days off i feel i should be doing more, i feel i'm wasting the time i have available, obviously when i'm back at work as i am tomorrow i will stick to easy runs well thats the plan (will be working up to next Wednesday)

I'll await the verdict
16/05/2007 at 22:56
Pammie, I think doing two runs on days when you have loads of time makes a lot of sense. Several coaches advocate several days of harder training (overload) followed by easy days to recover. Perhaps when you have the time you could do one session where you do short fast intervals, with long recoveries, to make the fast bits faster, and enjoy not being in a rush to finihs the session, and then as a second run, something like a very easy relaxed 30 mins. In the weeks when you are pushed for time you could, on some days, just do a hard 30 mins or 2x10-15mins with a few mins easy in between min, so as maximize value-for-time. Both these tyoe of session would be ideal for 5k training

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
81 to 88 of 88 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.