Wednesday 17th January 2007

121 to 125 of 125 messages
17/01/2007 at 22:21
Evening all.

Imski - Thanks for repeating the link. If you enjoy that sort of thing, come to Devon & enter the Grizzly! The bog is longer & deeper than that...

What: Club run, just under 7 miles
Why: Wednesday

Chairman took the group I was in, so pace more sedate than last week.

Longish run planned for tomorrow.
17/01/2007 at 22:27
16x600m reps tonight. Went as follows:

1:46, 1:48, 1:46, 1:48, 1:47, 1:47, 1:46, 1:47, 1:48, 1:45, 1:50, 1:50, 1:49, 1:48, 1:52, 1:43.

There was a 1 mile warm up before these setsand a 1.65 mile warmdown to finish.

So quite consistent reps. Again, I felt mostly quite strong during this and had two faster runners to keep up close to the whole time. Just decided to try to take the majority quite hard, but a few of the 1:50's show that I started to tire near the end. The last 1:43 was a good rep and when I broke away in the last 400m at a hard speed I didn't think the others would keep up, if they tried to retalliate - however one did, and zipped on past me to the finish! (he must have got about a 1:39).

It's competition like that which I need and really like if I'm to get good results from club sessions.
17/01/2007 at 23:12
Lyrics: Nope
Album: Nope
Artist: Nope
Artist's dad: I'm sure I've heard the name, but I can't remember in what context.

Oh, dear, I really am stuck in a musical timewarp :o(

TmR, there was definitely some uptilting of the inclines on that loop tonight. I didn't find it as easy as last week either, and wouldn't have liked to go on and do another 6 miles like I did then.

Suppose it means I haven't peaked too early for Brass Monkey :o)
17/01/2007 at 23:22
Vrap. Woody Guthrie is the father of modern American folk music. His music has been shamefully plagiarised by lesser artistes, who shall remain nameless. An excellent reworking of his music, and giving full credit to his material can be heard on the album "Mermaid Avenue", by Billy Bragg and Wilco.

On another musical line, alternative lyrics expand to "please don't wake me. please don't shake., I'm far away....I'm only dreaming.

Stuart G, thats a very impressive session. That, plus the double you did (either yesterday or possibly Monday) is a typical response to a perceived disappointing race on Sunday. A subconscoius response to prove that you can really do it. Great running!
17/01/2007 at 23:25
I did a double yesterday (13 miles in total, made up of a 6 mile and 7 mile run during the day). You're right - Saturday's result did chang my perception a bit and I'm taking my running that bit harder and putting more into it - be that miles or effort.

Not overdoing it, but doing what I should be.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
121 to 125 of 125 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.