Wednesday 18th June

1 to 20 of 80 messages
18/06/2003 at 05:47
Morning

What: 4 easy am
pm Ackworth 10k. Not a fast course. 35:56 last year. Anywhere 35:30 to 36:00 would be fine. Sub 35:30 would be good. Another category C race. Like Everest, I'm doing it cos it's there.
18/06/2003 at 06:05
Good lord! I was almost first here!

Today is a rest day
Tomorrow is 14 mile Long run so I need the rest and relaxation in advance of that!

Work beckons
Good luck this evening BR
18/06/2003 at 06:14
Just caught up on Popsiders comments re my 10 k training! Must admit I'm not sure my 5k would be 20 mins, I reckon more like 22.5-23 mins. However I do agree that 5 x 10mins at 5 k pace with full recovery sounds a tough one! Mmmmmm, can't fit it in this week anyway, see how next week goes.

So I've got 10k 2 weeks tomorrow, would LOVE sub 50 (pb 50:27) and time for 3 speed sessions next week - any suggestions?

Awww Spud - you asked how often I trained - 4 x a week with the very occasional 5th run

Re my 1 min intervals with 1 min recovery I do half "out" then the other half back and hope to cover the same distance to ensure maintaining pace. Just running what feels like as fast as I can re the 5 k pace - not v scientific!!!
18/06/2003 at 06:44
Race well BR

What: am 4M easy done, felt good as it was nice & cool. pm 12M steady
Why: I'm racing Sunday & won't be doing a long run.

Last hard: last night
Last rest: Fri
18/06/2003 at 07:15
Morning all, lurvely morning here in the Chilterns.
Thanks for your kind word yesterday.
My first club nite after 11 week absence last night. Very hard work but great to be back and training again. A lot of fitness lost but mentally I was up for it. After a slow start I was up and running with the big boys and girls (if only for a short while)

What - 40 min easy
Why - recovery run
last hard - Mon and Tues
Last rest - sun
Next hard - might try the track tomorrow

Good luck BR and all the other midweek racers.
18/06/2003 at 07:17
Good luck to all racers

My first post marathon run
2 miles
Didnt hurt as much as i thought it would
18/06/2003 at 07:33
Saints alive Hippo, not at it again already!

Speaking of saints, did I implore their protection for everything north of toes and south of hips? Some silly literal minded saints have had their little fun..

So: pool exercises only today, in the hope of chasing the sciatica away! Grrrr..

Look here oh ye above, to keep it simple, just keep *all* the bits in working order please, if it's not too much to ask!
18/06/2003 at 07:47
Morning All,

best of luck Barnsley.

What: Notts AAA Summer League #3 - Erewash ~5.6M, 7:15pm
Why: Club Run
Last hard run: Sunday
Last rest day: Tuesday

This is a category C race for me (to use BT's ranking scale), it's quite a tricky course, so just looking to try and go through 5M ~29:30 and then hang on for grim death.
18/06/2003 at 07:51
Stickless
Ive been told it will help my recovery
??????????/
Anyway, , mrs Black Pot

WHO did 12 miles yesterday?
18/06/2003 at 07:55
Bubble bubble bubble and paying for it!

Grin grin grin slop.

Toddle off to pool splash.
18/06/2003 at 07:59
Hey Cath, meant to tell you - R4L pack came yesterday complete with t-shirt. Three of us from the sailing club are doing it (me and a mother and daughter pair), although Lizzie and her mother are required at church that morning to sing, and therefore won't be taking part.

Never mind, we'll run like stink for you and them.
18/06/2003 at 08:00
Morning all,

Good luck BR and MM in your races this evening. Looks a bit cooler here today, so hopefully it is where you are too making your races less uncomfortable!

What:10 miles at marathon pace
Why:because it has to be done!
Last hard:last night because I couldn't run/breathe
Last rest:Mond
18/06/2003 at 08:00
Monday!
18/06/2003 at 08:37
Good luck BR and Marmite Master. OOOh, the Erewash race you say? Some lovely hills, lots of heat and a tight turn at the end into the finish. I was involved in a 'sprint to the death' and an unfortunate pile up at the finish about three years ago so I remember the finish well. BTW I was first off the pile-up so won the battle!

What: 4 miles easy
Why: Tapering and attempting not to add to my already impressive collection of bruises
Last rest: yesterday
Last hard: Last week.

Two days to go ....EEEEEEEEEKKKKKK!
18/06/2003 at 08:45
Good morning ---

what: 10 miles at fast/steady pace
why 10k race on sunday looking to shave (5mins of pb)

last rest: 26 days ago
Last hard: sunday

18/06/2003 at 09:14
Morning Folks

have to decided to write this week off completely and off to Prague tomorrow so will start training again on Monday.

Good luck you racers and have a good one folks!
18/06/2003 at 09:33
Ladt night I'd planned a 7 miler, or a 3 miler plus a cycle. Got home to find that someone had phoned replying to my "car for sale" advert, and by the time they had been, it was too late. Still, I managed to sell the car!

Today will therefore be:

Cycle of some description to road test bike for Saturday.

Plus possibly a 3 mile run to loosen the legs.

Thursday - 2 miles easy.
18/06/2003 at 10:05
Hiya all

not posted for ages - congrats to all who raced the heat at the w/end. Feeling a bit aggrieved that xtraining for a while (have run about 4 miles in the last 10days - 3 efforts) have not allowed full recovery. Left Achilles still hurts a bit when I try to run and abdominals are not much better.

have been trying to xtrain on static bike at gym - using the 3 peaks 18 min hill programme 3 times over.

Anyway hope to run a hilly 10k on road on sunday - no PB here I know - will feel good if I crack 45, overjoyed if sub 44.

Good luck LizzyB in Bjorkland and others going to Blackpool.
18/06/2003 at 10:13
And I'm back in the rain. While you are on dry land.

Glad you got the car sold Nessie! The Highland Cross sounds like a fab event, if gruelling. Look forward to your report.

Lizzie, we're counting down for you as well...

bad luck sfh legs, you seem to get more than your fair share of injuries, good luck with 10K though.

Also good luck to BR and MM with your races, let's have your reports complete with pain index.

What: 6 mile steady, swim.
Why: galvanising myself to rebuild mileage while deciding whether to do autumn marathon or not. Saving speed session until Fri to make sure I'm recovered from the weekend. And the pool is so convenient, love it.
Last hard: Mon night.
Last rest: Fri

Just checked Swaledale results, came 139/407 and 35/140 women. Finishing times ranged from 3.03-9.49! Very impressed with no of women that took part - 1/3 of the field, very unusual.

Have a good day all.
KR
18/06/2003 at 10:17
Morning all
What: club run tonight - anything from 4-7mi
Why: getting back into running
Last hard: Thurs
Last rest: Sun
1 to 20 of 80 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.