Wednesday 24th October 2012

21 to 23 of 23 messages
24/10/2012 at 22:04

Evening

LMH and RW recovering and tapering are the hardest part of a marathon arent they ? but there is a reason for it.

LMH my schedule does a kind of reverse taper as the recovery period over 5 weeks (seems ages )

Hope the hammys hold up Dustina and Chick

Alehouse take care and all the best for tomorrow

Wabo well done on the weight loss I am hoing to shift a few lbs between now and VLM just to help with my time I am well within normal BMI 22 but feel 5-7 lbs will make all the difference how much have you lost so far ?

Talking of treadmill running (EwanG 87) has anyone used a treadmill for quality sessions and had success ? I was thinking of doing my tempo runs and marathon paced sections of my long runs on a treadmill just to make sure I keep the right pace,I did read that if you set it on a 1-2% incline it gives a more realistic pace making up for lack of wind resistance

What :11.2 miles in 1 hours 45  all easy sub 70% HR

Why : back to basics for a few weeks and I love that kind of running

Last Hard : 21/10/12

Last rest :  20/10/12

25/10/2012 at 02:26
Night Nurse wrote (see)

Evening

LMH and RW recovering and tapering are the hardest part of a marathon arent they ? but there is a reason for it.

bits deleted for brevity

Er... No.  It's dead easy.   Have you been doing it wrong?

25/10/2012 at 12:04

LOL

I knew the was a reason I bottled out of a marathon this year 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 23 of 23 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.