Wednesday 27th May 2009

21 to 22 of 22 messages
27/05/2009 at 23:19

Horrible wet cold and windy night here on the south coast. It was the home match for our seaside Vets team. Unfortunately there were only two contestants in my FV50s race and although I was a lot quicker than my rival it really doesn't help with one's time. 

I ran quite well considering and got a small PB of .1. My new 200 time is now 34.9. (AG 77.8, so 100 metres still rules by a long shot...) Nice to be under 35 of course but I was disappointed not to be the other side of34 as I know I can run a lot faster. The girl (woman) behind did 41 seconds dead so as you can see I was a long way out in front. I found it hard running into the gusty head wind on the straight. Perhaps harder to ignore as I was then out on my own and with no-one to race off or latch onto. 

Coach and rest of sprint group gave me a hard time for not being more pleased - but how can I be that pleased when I know I should have, could have, run better. YES I am thankful for small mercies - but no way am I satisfied.

Keeno (Mr. S) had a good evening. He was just pipped on his 200 but ran PB, knocking another 10th off his very recent sub 27. Now stands at 26.8. He stumbled slightly 5-10 metres from the line - so there's still more to come this season we reckon. Like me his 100 is way stronger than his 2, although unlike me he gets over 80% for both, and is nudging 85% for his 100 metres (Git) 

He was almost more pleased with his second leg of the 4 x 4. He ran 59.3 for his lap - first time he has gone under 60 seconds for the 400 and he looked really good. Our team was then lying second out of four and we all thought he might have overcooked it on the back straight where he caught up and overtook the lead runner, but he held it together nicely to give the least strong member of our team a substantial 20 metre lead for his lap. Our number 3 then did really well to only lose 25 metres by his baton change to Stevie B. who ran a complete stormer (53.something) to give us a resounding win. Yippee!

For the second time in a month I avoided running a 400m myself. Hey - I've done one this season - that's quite enough. I did also long jump. 2 brilliant no jumps and one rather average legal one. Oh well at least it was 50 centimetres further than the rubbish legal one at Uxbidge a week or two ago. I WILL get that run up sorted sometime. I just tip toe the edge of the plasticine, even when I think I have slowed down and checked. Hmm must be more to it! 

I think I will wear a mask and pretend to be one of the Under 13s so someone will teach me these things.

27/05/2009 at 23:28

Evening all

DD
Thanks fot the link.  That cut-off looks like a fairly brutal experience!

What:  8.7 brisk miles with a great hill towards the end
Why:  Wednesday club run
Last hard:  3 days
Last rest:  1 day

Easy run tomorrow.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 22 of 22 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.