Wednesday 28th November 2012

21 to 31 of 31 messages
28/11/2012 at 20:15

Dubai Dave - the cycle sounded wonderful!

Tom - good work getting involved in your club's committee - hope you continue to shake your injury.

Chickadee - hope you recover from your accident quickly too.

Wabo - yes it is great running in a group - takes your mind off the run.

alehouse - you sound very upbeat - good that you've got an exercycle.

What: I got a new Garmin 610 for my birthday on the 26th and have been trying to find out how to use it. I've done 3 runs with it so far and I have found the runs I am doing are shorter so I am slower than I thought. I can't believe how I can get myself to race at the pace that I do. No wonder I "blow up" in the marathon! 

Today I ran 8.90km in 55.38 Ave heart rate 140 max 170.

Not sure that I like the results, but will be interested to see what I can do for some intervals, though I'm feeling a bit dizzy this morning.

28/11/2012 at 20:19
Tom: Need to restore my sensible head! Trouble is I have my eye on so many DIY jobs that could do attention, particularly in view of my forthcoming hospital visit(s)!
28/11/2012 at 20:22
Hi, NZC, and a belated happy birthday. Good to see you getting 170 bpm: nothing like defying the 220 minus age formula!
28/11/2012 at 20:24

stepladder?

Happy Belated Birthday NZC. I can't run anything like as fast in training as I can with  a number on - I put it down to adrenaline.

Hope it's fine tomorrow sweep - give it a good massage working from your knee up your quad - or better still use a foam roller if you have one.

28/11/2012 at 20:30

Evening

NZC: A belated Happy Birthday from me too.

Wabo:You'llb e happy with Spurs being 2 -0 up (so far).

28/11/2012 at 20:58

Evening all.

It's time to crawl out from under my rock.

Swimming going great. Back up to 4k max, with regular swims of 2k and above. Problem with swimming is that unlike running, you cant swim no matter where you are - when i'm away, while for running its great as you have more time, for swimming not good as you cant swim up the road (although that would have been possible on Sunday.

Any way i have run up to 3 miles but calf keeps re-acting - pain man says that he may be able to treat this - going to see him Friday.

As with the daily news, when you read back there's so much to catch up on that i will just ease back in.

However, notably deserved comments:

Ale:- keep on plugging there - DIY usually isnt neccessary - Oh by the way I've got tickets to see the Roses in London in June next again (havent worked this out with her iindoors though!!!)

NZC - Nice Birthday present.

Talking of committee's, I am on one that raises funds for the local Community Sports Field. I suggested we try a race and guess what - I've ended up organizing it - mind you I have willing helpers. Its hard work and there's lots to cover!! I will keep you's posted.

Anyway - today 2k swim

28/11/2012 at 21:03

Good to see you Paddy,  and hope that there is a quick solution to the calf issue.

28/11/2012 at 21:15

hi Paddy, good to see you back on here!
what (update) - nada, home late and tired so taking a rest day, first once since 2 fridays ago, so probably needed!

28/11/2012 at 21:29

Recruited successfully

No exercise today

Edited: 28/11/2012 at 21:39
28/11/2012 at 22:33
Welcome back Paddy.My son's also off to see the Roses next summer. Can we organise a whip round to get some singing lessons for Ian Brown?

OH, for a moment I thought you were recruiting an OH!

Christine, happy birthday
Blisters    pirate
29/11/2012 at 00:07

Hugs to those feeling benched and those who are tentatively ignoring the obvious but should be benched.

Managed 6 miles tonight, but heart not in it. That means it was a good training session. The ones that breeze around are too easy.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 31 of 31 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.