21 to 37 of 37 messages
04/03/2009 at 18:54

Good Evening All

What: 5.5 miles lunchtime run
Why: Schedule
Last Hard: Today
Last rest: Tuesday
Lyrics: nope

Ran at luchtime with a colleague from work - he's a bit faster than me.  Ran with him around one of my usual courses hanging for dear life and ended up running it over 4 minutes faster than my previous best (which was achieved running on my own).  Just goes to show that sometimes you can kid yourself that you're training hard but you're not really pushing yourself has hard as you think...  My legs are aching already so I'll really pay for this tomorrow!

SD

04/03/2009 at 18:56

make the most of it mava - extra sleep time and extra run time too

happy bday to blister jnr - i expect there won't be much choc mousse left by now

40 mins - great to see you up and running, achilles is just a pest to get right so well done you on getting on top of it. now on to the goal - have you got a race on the horizon for it or waiting till you feel you're properly ready?

mike - is that your old shool that jnr is going to then? used to be the turning point on my 10 miler

TT - amazing stuff you get through and with an onslaught of lurgies. going to seem a whole heap easier when you get a bug free spell, hopefully coming along any time now !

DD - i didn't get it but i do remember it, think dave dee died quite recently, i saw his obit. he really di crack the whip in xanadu

pammie - sounds promsing. you've been patient and deserve it

pooh and double pooh for dustin's training mate. does he think there's a chance it might not be sf ?

scobos - at least their athletes will find it easier when they come to run the real thing! or maybe it was just a bad joke

SGQ - mm whisky. i do like a drop of malt though too much and i fall asleep or fall over, whichever comes first

AF - have you gone veggie then? frozen peas on toast, frozen pea omlette... 

SD - i think training with someone slightly faster than you is a great way to get some improvement. just don't do too much too quickly

rest day for me today. think a weekly rest is best for me and my dodgy bits and heppy to have got a whole week done without any mishaps

Edited: 04/03/2009 at 19:01
04/03/2009 at 19:16

TT, I was horrified when coach expected 4ml reps at MP, but now I feel that it is quite manageable when I not too tired and the weather is OK, so my training so far seems to be working well.   I'm not sure what coach plans next, whether faster or longer, but from my past experience I need to be a bit careful not to get into overtraining mode, but also that if I can do 4 ml at that pace on tired legs I can actually race the marathon faster; if I could do 10ml without recoveries I'd be very confident of racing faster.

Scobos, sounds like a great week's training. Good that you did discover the length of the track and didn't go the whole week thinking you were running slow

What:  15ml on very tired legs
Why: keeping up the miles
Last rest: 20 days - a long time for me
Next rest: tomorrow.  I feel I deserve it and I'm actually looking forward to getting the energy back into my legs (and going off to Crufts)

Edited: 04/03/2009 at 19:16
04/03/2009 at 20:21

Scobos
Where is this 417m track?

clink
Cheddar half marathon in November, London 2010 are the targets.
If recovery goes well I may try my hand at a few Summer 5Ks to see how much speed I've lost!
What targets have you in mind?

04/03/2009 at 20:29

Evening all,

Disappointed tonight as I didn't go for my planned run, I was shattered after I came home from work, decided to have tea and that was it. Early night and I might feel better tomorrow and will fo my planned run then!!

SS

04/03/2009 at 21:05

Evening all, lots of good sessions recorded for the last few days, I'm almost jealous!

Made an important decision this afternoon when i went to the gym; I've not been going for the last couple of weeks since the weather (had!) improved and couldn't really see the point of wasting my money each month when we were talking about holidays last night. I've decided to suspend the membership from the end of March until about October, or when it gets a bit (too) cold for me for running/biking outside.

What: gym session and a yawnsome 7.2M in an hour on the treadie then stretches
Why: see above and wanted a run
Last hard: Saturday's 10M

Just made two batches of fudge this evening in preparation for taking it in to work tomorrow - yep, it's birthday time again!! 432 months old tomorrow  and averaging 22M a week!

SS - don't worry about missing a run, just think how much stronger you'll feel for having that rest!

04/03/2009 at 21:36

Guess who didn't make the start of the session??? I was warming up around the park before going in to meet them on track when my foot slipped as I was planting on grass. Instant sharp pain at the inside back of my left knee (think it's the medial collateral ligament). Cut short the warm-up and tried to walk it off/give it a rub, but nothing doing. I got home to find the area is already bruised, which I'm guessing cannot be a good sign? Aspirin and deep freeze currently on the go........ On the bright side, at least I get a lie-in tomorrow.......
Will see how it is tomorrow, but I remain hopeful that because I stopped straight away rather than trying to run through it it may turn out to be nothing more a (painful) tweak that will be ok in a day or two......

Getting annoyed with these constat interruptions now

04/03/2009 at 21:38

Evening all,

Blisters: happy birthday to jnr, hope you helped out with the chocolate!

FL: happy birthday for tomorrow

What: 6.5 easy
Why: Why not

04/03/2009 at 21:41
TT: xpost, hope it isn't as bad as you fear and you have a swift recovery
04/03/2009 at 21:55

Evening!

What: 20 mins slightly faster than steady just before dark in lovely surroundings (Clink, have you run in Sunbank woods?).
Why: running in daylight on way to physio re neck, which isn't getting better very quickly, unfortunately.
LAst hard: 28 Feb
Last Rest: 24 Dec
Lyrics: nope.

TMR: are you coached by BB?

TT: hope that you don't have another interruption to your training.

FL: happy birthday youngster.

04/03/2009 at 22:05

evening

happy birthdays to forumites and offspring thereof for today and tomorrow....

Clink - yep that's the school

TT - fingers crossed; sounds like you did the right thing. For no scientific reason I can think of, I've always thought it a good thing if any bruising comes out quickly.

40 - keep going, looking forward to seeing the mileage posted increase

what: 6.4 at mainly bimbling pace at lunchtime, d&d in 47:47, mean HR 141
why: yet again it seems llike a cold bug is trying to get a grip, also, felt tired having been called by work (once more) for a 2 hour job just after dozing off ~midnight

the one consolation was getting to work from home today, and being able to get out for a run in the sunshine, even if it was cold. OK, that's two. Have just been dozing for a good hour this evening, still hoping to keep the lurgies at bay.

04/03/2009 at 22:10
Mike - I thought I'd read something along those lines, but could't find where so was thinking it must have been wishful thinking. Had the same thing with work too the last few nights. I much prefer getting paid for being on-call when I don't actually get called out!
04/03/2009 at 22:17

alehose, yes.  How did you work that out ? Are you, too ?

FL, please can I come to work tomorrow ?  Two batches of fudge sounds very good (Happy B'day)

TT. I hope its not serious

04/03/2009 at 22:17

Greetings all,

What: 12 miles (20km) hard tempo run along Tamaki Drive at 5:45am.
Why: legs felt good after a days rest.
LAst hard: Sunday
Last Rest: yesterday

04/03/2009 at 22:55
Evening.

40mins...it's at the Geroskipou Athletic(!!!) Centre in Paphos.

TT - hope it's nowt serious.

Nighty night.
04/03/2009 at 23:07

Evening all

10 miles marthon pace with club quite cold touch of frost ,ran with one of the speedier guys tonight but managed ok.

Blisters    pirate
04/03/2009 at 23:51

TT I hope it's not serious too. I suppose that you can say " look I am hurt and it's there".

An easy 8 miles for me. Very much a pastel coloured version of a real training exercise.

Not much chocolate left here. Mind you, I'm still not hungry/.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 37 of 37 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.