Wednesday Night Training

1 message
06/02/2013 at 19:51

Always a tricky one, I hope nobody minds someone like me (who has almost never posted on this forum) giving my thoughts. But I wondered what school of thought/advice was out there.

Basically my training tends to focus around the Tuesday and Thursday club runs (which usually involve speedwork) and the weekend (which tends to involve a long run, racing or similar), leaving me with Monday and Friday which are usually set aside as rest days or easy runs and Wednesday.

Now tonight I ran 10 miles very very slowly but almost died from the non-effort. I just wonder how people treat the midweek run. I know a lot depends on what your training for/what the plans are for the weekend but typically do you try and hit a slow mid-distance run. I even considered the possibility of going swimming tonight. Just didn't have the same appeal as the run though.

Thoughts? 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.