Wednesday session - 23 October

21 to 30 of 30 messages
23/10/2002 at 14:04
A UFO has appeared over Inverness - a large round glowing orb, the likes of which haven't been seen in many days.......

So, to make up for the roll & sausage I've just scoffed, and the bag of chewy Werther's I'm just about to scoff:

What: 7 mile route, trying not to walk up any of the killer hill.
Why: As above.

Happy Birthday Martin.

Scarlett - go for it - almost everyone who posts on here says joining a club has been the best thing they have done for their running.
23/10/2002 at 14:26
Scarlett,
I second Nessie's recommendation to join a club. I never belonged to one until last November (eventhough I've been running for about 8 years) and since joining have made lots of new friends and taken 3 minutes off my 10K PB!!!
Go for it!
KR
23/10/2002 at 15:40
Happy birthday Martin!

Has been nice here all day and had been looking forward to a lovely run this evening but the heavens have just opened... oh well!
Club run this evening, prob about 6 miles
Last rest day: yesterday (planned gym visit never happened)
Last hard day: Mon
Mij
23/10/2002 at 15:53
Happy birthday Martin - I remember 38 don't worry its no better at 42 either :-)

had 3 rest days in a row but still getting a lot of twinges - may take a gentle 4 later.
23/10/2002 at 18:09
Happy birthday Martin :)

What: 4 miles
Why: cross country race
Last hard day: Sunday
Last rest day: yesterday
23/10/2002 at 18:14
Happy birthday Martin. 38 was NOT a good year for me, hope yours is lots better.

What: not quite sure, maybe four miles steady
Why: I'll have to see what state my achilles is in when I get home
Last hard day: Sunday
Last rest day: Monday
23/10/2002 at 18:27
Happy Birthday Martin - hope you've had your run by now and are out celebrating. By the way, it was you wanting ideas about your wedding anniversary? What did you do in the end - how did it go?

What 7 or 8 miler

Why At my parents witht he kids - no excuse not to. It was a good run and I felt very strong in the last 2 or 3 miles. Need to get some longer runs in soon. It's all slipped a bit since Windsor...

Last rest day Yesterday
23/10/2002 at 19:26
Happy Birthday Martin.

Me, im getting very frustrated at the moment,having just came back from my hols and doing some super runs in Greece im now being attacked by this nasty case of flu which is doing the rounds.

So i popped out to my local running shop and purchased some new running shoes to cheer me up ( Asics Gel Kayanos ) cant wait to get out and put them through some hell.

Well happy running people hope to be back on the roads soon.
23/10/2002 at 19:50
Many happy returns Martin.

I'm always late on here, not having the benefit of internet access at work, so it's more of a resume again.

What: nothing
Why: Long run yesterday (and a hilly 10m at that)

A bit pointless really!
23/10/2002 at 20:40
Happy Birthday Martin!

What: 10 miles @ 7.30 pace. Pleased as it's a hilly out and back route and I had a head wind coming back. Pace was very consistent.

Then went for a swim to relax my muscles.

Why: because it was nice out and my calf was feeling ok to push the pace a little.

Last rest: Monday
Last hard: tonight

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 30 of 30 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.