Wednesday Session - 27 November

21 to 29 of 29 messages
27/11/2002 at 14:39
Minkin - you're not sad.

What - 2 1/4 mile easy followed by 20*100m fast reps with 50m walk/slow jog recovs (20 laps of a waterlogged footy pitch) 2 1/4 mile easy jog home. All on grass/trail.
Why - weekly reps
Last Rest - Yesterday
Last Hard - Today

Feeling sore, maybe I'm still suffering after Mondays long run which seemed to take more out of me than usual. Still I doubt I'll follow the sensible route and do nothing for a day or two.

Hill Reps anyone ?
27/11/2002 at 14:41
No gales in Rotherham!

What: weights + 60 minute turbo trainer
Why: easy day
Last rest day: Monday
Last hard day: yesterday
27/11/2002 at 14:45
No thanks Dust me old mate - did them last night. (and feeling it)

I would have to have 2 bowls and 20 marbles to keep track of reps like that! The oxygen would start to dry up and I wouldn't know what I had done, past about 6 or 7.
27/11/2002 at 15:36
I have a 'blister from hell' too. Just behind the ball of my foot on the left side, on the edge of the arch of my foot. Think it's caused by my running shoes as it never goes away (you'd think they'd be broken in after 7 months of use!) - the skin just hardens and another blister forms somewhere close to the original one. My foot is a mess!
27/11/2002 at 16:04
Minkin,
it sounds exactly like mine, in the same place, bit different today though its turned dark red with all the blood trapped underneath, popped it earlier, thats eased the pain a bit, ouch......
KR
27/11/2002 at 16:48
Didn't post yesterday, but went circuit training at the gym.
What: club run tonight - anything from 4-7 miles steady, probably the lower end of that as it is chucking down rain at the moment
Why: I have no idea!
Last hard day: Sun (race)
Last rest day: Mon
27/11/2002 at 17:04
Minkin - I regularly attack my feet with scissors removing any obvious huge growths of hard skin and as a result rarely have problems with blisters.....

.......its also rather perversely satisfying!
27/11/2002 at 19:31
What: 16 mile run.

Why: Some spare time this afternoon.
28/11/2002 at 00:01
wearily round 5 miles this evening in just under 38 minutes.
Must find some extra hours in the day to sleep - am not getting the recovery I need for this level of training mileage.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 29 of 29 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.