Wednesday Session - 4 December

21 to 32 of 32 messages
04/12/2002 at 15:32
what: nothing again
Why: ran last night, about 4 - 4.5 miles and it felt good but my dodgy calves are still playing up so they can have a day off today.

and a new twist to the training shedule
starting my decorating shedule today...
What: painting a cupboard and starting clearing out a bedroom for painting
Why: I have to do it before the new carpet arrives
Last Hard Day: Sunday sledge hammering my kitchen to small car sized pieces.
Last easy day: yesterday
04/12/2002 at 16:05
Afternoon Runners!

What: AM: 12km off road run, came back covered in thick mud from all the heavy rain we have had.
PM: 45 mins of a very hard game of squash, all that effort for a 2-2 draw.

Why: Wednesdays are now off road runs.

Last Hard: Today
Last Rest: Monday

Have a good evening all.
04/12/2002 at 16:17
Afternoon all,

C**p day here as well, everyone sick, work deadlines mounting and 238 kids' xmas socials coming up all of which appear to involve me bringing a tray of pizza slices. Whoever said women are good at multi-tasking, I'm not, I just want to go for a run!

Wild Will, I'm not surprised you're not performing to your usual times at the moment, be easy on yourself and you'll make a quick come-back I'm sure.
Witch - festive 4K tempt you on 27/12?

What: whatever I can fit into the 45 min slot left between end of day and beginning of evening.
Why: 'cause I'll turn into even more grumpy witch if I don't get out at all today.
Last hard: still Sunday.
Rest: Monday.
04/12/2002 at 16:36
Keep smiling people!

Did a time trial last night even though felt muscle tiredness from Sunday. 2.8 miles in 18:23. Looking forward to seeing if I can get new pb on Sunday for 10k. Present pb=42:47.

Today's training is a gentle swim. In fact the rest of the week is going to be easy.
KR
04/12/2002 at 17:34
Hi all, had a lazy Mon and Tues so back to it today.
What: steady 6-8 miles
Why: club run
Last hard: Sat
04/12/2002 at 18:43
Hello again
What: 8 mile at 1/2 marathon pace
Why: have you ever had a meeting at work when you thought if i wasn't running home i could easily be involved in a road rage incident!!! Ah thats better
Last hard: today
Last rest: Monday

take care MHH
04/12/2002 at 20:41
Evenin' all.

What: Race!
Did my first Woking 3miler (well its 2.85 actually) at lunchtime. Handicap race so I went off 8min30 (based off 19mins for 3 miles).
Gentle loop of Old Woking so I was told,rain held off,but it was that cool,damp climate ideal for running.
Managed to 'reel in' some of those ahead and I think I only got overtaken by one gazelle.
Finished in 18.07 (6m21 miling),11th out of 26 in the handicap,9th fastest overall.

Felt that I could go faster (I run 2-3 miles in the gym near 6min miling) but given I didn't know the route and wanted to enjoy the thing, overall I'm pleased.

Apparently these have been going on for years (first Weds of each month). VERY friendly bunch, and very enjoyable too.
Oh , and its free!

04/12/2002 at 21:35
Well done Dustin, and good luck Hilly. Oh, and Laura I know what you mean. Work, making tunics, cakes, work 'dos', more work, oh and work. Then there's the lingering lurgy, about three weeks!
What: nothing. Was going to go out at lunch, but friend's birthday at work (she has three kids under five and work is a holiday for her), and as I've already reported on this forum, her words: 'Running, don't you dare. Not in this rain, and not on my birthday!'
How could I refuse? Nice lunch though.
why: erm, well I think I've covered that
Tomorrow, my birthday (yes, I know I'm mentioning it again!!!) and I intend to start my veteran career with an early morning 10 miler, in rain, hail, snow, whatever....better get to bed...just the Tesco online shopping to do...
04/12/2002 at 21:39
5 miles recovery in 35:55.
Nasty chilly NW crosswind along Hoylake promenade. Glad to get it over with.
Broke the Trigons in though. Do I dare use them on Friday's long tempo run??
04/12/2002 at 21:44
Tesco on-line! You're lucky. We have to scrape our turnips straight out of the frozen soil around here. Happy birthday for tomorrow Snicks, that makes you Sagittarius doesn't it? er, no that's been done already hasn't it.

Well done on your handicap race Dustin, another 6 min miler to keep us on our toes. What a great idea to organise this at lunchtimes. You have lots of gazelles in Woking then? Obviously more to the South than I give credit for.

Hilly, glad to hear you do take it easy sometimes!

Finally got out for a 4 miler festooned with all manner of blinking lights like father Christmas on a test run; 2 problems with running in the dark - headtorch needs to be perched off the end of my nose to actually light up the bit of ground I'm about to run over, as opposed to 50 mtrs ahead, second, on-coming car headlights have blinding effect cancelling out head torch.

Night all.
04/12/2002 at 21:46
PS Mike and others, get your thermals out, the long term weather forecast is for freezing easterly winds for the weekend and beyond.
04/12/2002 at 21:48
thanks for that Laura :(

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 32 of 32 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.