Wednesday Session - 6 November

21 to 33 of 33 messages
06/11/2002 at 14:24
Nessie, there was so much snow on Ben Nevis that Mountain Rescue wouldn't let us go to the summit. Which is why we ended up taking a scenic route back to Fort William involving a stile with a muddy puddle at the bottom that I thought I could jump over only to discover that my boots had more lateral movement then I'd expected.

Kevin was very disappointed and I've promised her that we'll try again in May.

Yes, Laura, I've missed you all. Got lots of work done, though.
KR
06/11/2002 at 14:27
What: am - swim, pm club run, prob 5-6 miles
Why: trying to get better at swimming, managed 6 lengths front crawl then reverted to breast stroke for the rest. Last nights session with the juniors wasn't too taxing so should manage a decent run tonight
Last hard day: Sun
Last rest day: Mon
06/11/2002 at 14:52
I neeeeeeed a holiday. Missed the forum thread as been in Zurich for the last two days. Haven't had any holidays since the beginning of July and two marathons in October have left me feeling exceedingly jaded. Four weeks of my annual leave left to take before Christmas - but no chance to take it..........bum!

What: Have a good gripe and then maybe five steady.
Why: Tired, tired tired.
Last hard day: Over a week ago
Last rest day: Yesterday (enforced)
WildWill    pirate
06/11/2002 at 15:00
Martin work is something you do to live not live to do – take some time off
06/11/2002 at 15:47
WildWill - you're dead right, one of my favorite phrases is:

Nobody on their death-bed ever said "I wish I'd spent more time in the office"

Actually I plan a week this month and then three weeks over Christmas - and I can't wait!
06/11/2002 at 16:25
OK, more serious mode now.

Sorry to hear about your injuries folks. Take it easy. Vrap - next time can you please arrange for a locum to take your place on the forum - you think it's a coincidence so many injuries have appeared on your first day back? Sorry Ben Nevis was snowed under, great to hear of a teenager moaning 'cause they couldn't get to the top of a mountain...
What: 6 m iles easy
Why: supposed to be marathon pace but died half way around, then remembered I hadn't eaten or drunk since 8 o' clock this am. Well, that's my excuse anyway.
06/11/2002 at 18:28
Greetings All,

back to the gym today as the muscular distress I've been experiencing since my last visit (saturday) has just about receeded enough to allow me to wreck myself all over again.

What: 1 hr in gym, stationary bike, rower, weights, you know the score.
Why: Cross training
Last hard run: Tuesday
Last rest day: Monday
06/11/2002 at 19:36
WW/Martin - at my old place I was the only person who ended the year in holiday deficit.They give me 25 days I sure as hell am going to take them.Some sad twat always carried over about 10-15 days.
I digress...
What : went out for my midweek 11 miler on road/trail and ran it in around 82 mins.It rained continually for the duration (and into the afternoon).Legs aching now tho'....
Why : midweek long run (trying to stick to off road
Last hard : today
Last rest : Sunday
06/11/2002 at 20:17
Evening all,

What: 8.4 miles (2 easy, 5 fartlek, rest easy)
Why: Speed work (first for a while)
Last hard run: Today
Last rest day: 10 days

Gareth
06/11/2002 at 22:26
Hmm,

Was no-one else rained on today ??

What:- 6.5 miles steady in terential rain, got totally and utterly soaked

Why:- did'nt look outside the office window before starting out

Last hard run:- Sat (speed work)
Last rest:- yesterday

06/11/2002 at 23:30
What: 50 min club session, some rain, loads of hills
Why: It's Wednesday

Last hard: Today
Last rest: Yesterday
07/11/2002 at 00:12
Just managed my 5 miler before the hail came. Round in a weary & stiff 34:48. Another rest day tomorrow I think....
07/11/2002 at 00:14
Too much drink too little training

rest today longer run tomorrow

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 33 of 33 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.