Wednesday Session - 6 November

1 to 20 of 33 messages
Psi
06/11/2002 at 00:44
Hmph!

What: Nothing
Why: Midfoot ache; better not be a stress fracture!

Last hard: Wednesday
Last rest: Today
06/11/2002 at 00:45
speedwork today
o joy
06/11/2002 at 01:12
Fed-up!

What : Nothing due to an injury on left foot, seeing someone today,please please please dont be nothing serious.

Why : Because im in pain.

Last Hard :weekend off road

Last Day : Today

06/11/2002 at 07:44
Isn't it horrible doing nothing? My sympathies to everyone down with injury and illness. I've had a terrible sore throat and am fighting off this cold so missed yesterday's run.
Last run: Sunday long run
Next run: hopefully Friday morning. I've never looked forward to a first thing in the morning run as much as the one I hope to have on Friday. Looking forward to getting my voice back too!

*cough, cough*
Linca
06/11/2002 at 08:29
Had a really great run last night (was it me or was it really warm, had to strip off top layers ended up in short sleeves, it is November isn't it)don't know whether its because I have lost a few pounds, but it just seemed easier.
(I did just say runing was easier didn't I)never thought I would ever say that.
06/11/2002 at 09:07
was a great night for running last night - even with the fireworks...

what: 5 miles easy
why: stiff from last night's speed session - but would have gone easy anyway

last hard day: Tue
last rest day: Mon
06/11/2002 at 09:09
I had a good run last night too - and it was really warm! We managed to get down to short sleeves as well, some of the lads even stripped down to shorts. It makes a nice change not to have 25 layers on.

What: 5 miles steady inc strides
Why: Easy session following last nights hills

last hard: Yesterday
last rest: Sunday
WildWill    pirate
06/11/2002 at 09:28
Morning all

Tested my back out yesterday and all seems now to be OK – Marvellous
Commiserations to all those with injuries and other such afflictions

Lanny – I noticed it was rather warm last night as well

TODAY

What : (already done) 40 mins spinning @105rpm (PM) 1600m swim (hopefully)
Why : It was supposed to be the other way round but the pool was closed due to chlorine problems and is hopeful of reopening later

Last Hard Day : One does not remember
Last Rest Day : Sunday

Will
06/11/2002 at 09:32
Just a recovery run and a few weights.
Did weights earlier this week for the first time in a couple of years.
I Couldn't believe how sore I was yesterday morning!
felt like a truck had run over me.
06/11/2002 at 09:40
What: Club run first time in ages
Why: um, why the eck not
Last Hard day: yesterday piddly little post marathon run was hard - legs like lead etc.. and yes, it was very hot. Couldn't believe it
Last rest day: Monday
06/11/2002 at 10:00
Morning all.

It seems to be the day for injury induced rest. I did five "easy" miles last night which felt like someone had turned the clock back six months.

As a result, todays 5 mile tempo has been cancelled. Tomorrow i'm working a 12 hour shift and this will give me two rest days to ease the pain in my lower right leg.

Rest is best!
06/11/2002 at 10:32
what: 8 mile easy
why: recovery/endurance
last hard day: hill rep pyramid last night
last rest: Monday

bon courage and speedy recovery to those poorinjured souls out there.
06/11/2002 at 10:46
Hi all.

What: Bodypump class tonight, followed by attempt to do a steady run on the treadmill.
Why: Rehabilitation following idiocy-induced ankle injury. It's just GOT to be ready to cope with a little run now. If not, the swimming pool beckons.
Last hard day: Almost three weeks ago.
Last rest day: Yesterday. And the previous 9 days. May I join you in a snarling session, Psi?
06/11/2002 at 10:48
It's raining sideways in Tunbridge Wells today.

What: 3 miles easy plod through muddy fields
Why: Hal Higdon says so
Last hard: Monday's long run
Last rest: yesterday
06/11/2002 at 11:59
What: am - 6 miles steady, pm - same
Why: Don't have enough time to do 10 miles in one go so this will have to do.
Last hard day: yesterday
Last rest day: Monday

Snicks, the negative split (was it 9 minutes?) shows that you could probably have made up some time over the first half of the race. Very few runners have the ability to do negative splits (Paula Radcliffe swears by them) Bearing in mind your lack of training leading up to Dublin a 3:30 is well within your grasp at FLM next year. At that rate you'll be running sub 3 hours by 2005.
06/11/2002 at 12:42
What - 13 mile interval steady out then effort intervals all spaced out by bridges,splish,splash,splosh
Why - I must obey

Last hard yesterday
Last rest - monday
06/11/2002 at 13:35
Dreeeew! You, you....really? Excellent. That's what I'm hoping for - ie sub 3:30 and sub 3. Yeah, it was nine minutes, and I did wonder if I might have been able to go a bit faster at the beginning of the race. But it was a great laugh, chatting and all that, so I'm not too worried. Yesterday's thoughts of triatholon are put aside for a while. Think I should I try and get as good as I can at running now. Sorry to hijack the training thread - you know what will happen next, Drew, I'll give up drinking! Horrors!
06/11/2002 at 13:55
What- 11 mile long run 1hr 45m (hoping for faster time) but did 2 killer hills
Why- Wed long run day
Last hard- Mon
Last rest- tues

During my 11 mile (longest run to date) today my left ankle and achilles area started to ache but wasn,t bad enough to stop, it is aching a bit now, next run 7 mile on Friday, hope the ache subsides by then.

Nice and sunny in Durham today........
06/11/2002 at 14:01
Giggle, laugh, snort!
Sorry, am still chuckling over Achilles latest masterpiece on the other HR thread on the Training forum - go on, take a look! It'll be worth it I promise.

Welcome back to forum land Vrap - have you missed us?

Off for 6 mile run now.

06/11/2002 at 14:08
Witchy - great that you think it's getting easier - sometimes you go for ages feeling you are getting nowhere, and all of a sudden it falls into place.

V-rap - Forgot to ask how Ben Nevis went. I was thinking about you and Kevin when I was doing the half in Fort William at the weekend. Was there much snow at the top?

Snicks - congrats on your marathon time. I doubt I'll ever get near 4 hours, never mind 3!

Today:
What: Undecided between short easy run to get rid of the stiffness, or a swim/sauna for fun.
Why: Still a bit tired from Sunday's half.

Last hard: Sunday
Last Rest: Mon/Tues
1 to 20 of 33 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.