Wednesday session (25/9/2002)

21 to 29 of 29 messages
25/09/2002 at 16:01
Nessie,
I'm quite a morning person - once I wake up which is usually about 5:30 that's me - also I find that I feel more energetic during the day if I've exercised before work rather than afterwards.
I've also read somewhere (don't quote me but) apparently if you exercise first thing you raise your metabolic rate for 6 - 8 hours whereas if you only exercise in the evening you only get the benefit of the raised rate for a few hours before you go to bed - I don't know if it's true but it does help me get out the front door at 6am on cold mornings - and there are a lot of them in Aberdeen!!!
Oh by the way good luck in the Loch ness marathon!!
25/09/2002 at 16:45
Nessie. Same as Gillian, although it's taken a bit of getting used to. But i've been doing it for about 5 months now and it doesn't seem to bad. I find it the best time of day, as by the time i get back from work the evenings dragging on. I normally manage 3 mornings a week, with a longer run at the weekend and an evening gym session. It seems ok, although the winter months might be a little more testing. I'm already having to look at new training runs as it is now nearly to dark to run some of my tried and tested country lane / track routes.

Give it a go. In a few months you'll even be doing some good long interval sessions at 6.30am. !
25/09/2002 at 16:58
Thanks, both of you.

Once I get the marathon out of the way (and have a couple of weeks recovery) I WILL give it a try, honest. It is marginally warmer in Inverness than in Aberdeen, so I can't use that as an excuse.
25/09/2002 at 17:03
Not a morning person till i've had a dose of the "eine's".

last night took my partner out for a run walk 2.5 miles then cross trained for half an hour
25/09/2002 at 17:07
I shall, with genuine regret, pass on the morning sessions too. I'm not a morning person (especially by the end of the week) and can't even think about running until I've been up and about for a couple of hours - poor old joints haven't got it in them.
25/09/2002 at 18:45
What: Nothing today
Why: Trained yesterday and still at work, dammit.

Last hard day: Yesterday
Last rest day: Monday
25/09/2002 at 21:36
am 2.5 miles easy down to cash machine
pm 7 miles in 43 mins with training partner

last hard day - Saturday (Yorkshire Men's Relay Championships)
last rest day - 19th October 2001
25/09/2002 at 22:06
I like doing my long runs (weekends) early in the morning.When I was working I had to get up around 4.45-5.15 anyway so early starts don't worry me.Now I get up,have a banana,muesli bar and drink, warm up and 30 minutes later I'm out.2 hours later its 8am and the kids are just getting up leaving the whole day free.
Sometimes do it early in the week if I've got a busy day.Don't mind running in the evening or late mornings , but HATE afternoons, hence the fear at Windsor (1pm k.o.)

Strange 'cos I used to play football every saturday afternoon.
26/09/2002 at 00:16
what: tempo run (at least that was the intention) - 4.1 miles in 25:50
why: despite still not feeling totally recovered from Sunday, felt I needed to do something a bit livelier in advance of next Sunday's 5K

last hard day: Sun
last rest day: Sat

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 29 of 29 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.