weight loss why does it not come off!!!!!

1 to 20 of 32 messages
08/07/2007 at 19:42
hi have been running for just under 4 months and it seems that i have GAINED wieght why?

toast/jam
pasta/tuna/yoghurt
proper evening meal
2 bananas
2 apples
6 cans of coke (yes i know addictive)
pick at the biccy tin/chocolate \(doesnt everyone)

i know muscle weighs more than fat but what i eat is far less than i used to average mileage a week at the mo is 5 - 10 miles thought the longer runs you did the weight would come of also drink at least 2 litres of water a day
08/07/2007 at 19:52
Is that 6 cans of non-diet coke every day?

That's about 1000 calories of coke a day?
7000 calories a week?

And if you really mean you're running 5 to 10 miles a week,
that's 500 to 1000 calories of running a week?

This might partly account for it....
08/07/2007 at 19:55
have you measured-you might be smaller

er, i dont pick at the biccie tin

but i use butter, cream and have booze

5 to 10 miles a week is actually only an extra 100 cals a week, not much
08/07/2007 at 19:55
I meant 1000

cross post with mikey frog
08/07/2007 at 20:53
yes that is diet coke and sometime dont drink it at all
08/07/2007 at 20:54
Kitten red

i was doing 30 miles a week for 4 years and lost nowt

it is a bit too easy to up the food intake

are you actually overweight
08/07/2007 at 22:35
sadly calories in - calories out is the answer. I tend to up my portions when running, or snack more. I'd be a size midget if ice-cream didn't exist
08/07/2007 at 22:41
You sound like me, I am trying and trying to shift the weight and can't seem to!

This week I have kept a food diary, and recorded every single mouthful of food, and it makes good reading.

I thought that I was averaging 1300-1500 cals a day, when in fact over the week it averaged 2100 per day.

I need a complete mind change to shift this week and I am going to do this.

I've written down all the reasons I want to lose weight and I've stuck it on the fridge to remind when I'm tempted to pick at the kids yummy treats!!

Good luck in your quest for weight loss, keep me posted with your progress!
08/07/2007 at 23:25
Replace the cans of coke with water, tea or milk and don't pick at the biscuit tin.

Try writing down everything you are eating and how many calories it is then total them up. I'm eating around about 1200 calories a day, running 12 miles and cycling 12 miles a week and so far I've lost just over stone.

Keep at it though. Once you do see the weight coming off you wont wanna go back to your old ways!
09/07/2007 at 07:44
Thanks Vicky, sound advice there I shall follow your lead. Well done on losing a stone!!
09/07/2007 at 07:56
I think that Coke is your problem (as was it mine). I was told that it doesnt even matter about diet coke because its still giving you sugar (which if you dont burn off will still turn into wasted energy aka fat).

I've not touched coke for 3 months now and have lost 1/2 stone and am not doing anything different...
09/07/2007 at 07:57
Intrigued as to how diet coke can "give you sugar"
M.
09/07/2007 at 08:13
diet coke has no energy in it. someone was pulling your leg there i think. well done on losing 1/2 a stone though.

sounds as though not picking at the biscuits and chocolate should be the answer for kittenkat. "doesn't everyone"? actually no.
M.
M.
09/07/2007 at 08:16
sorry - kittenred i mean (blush)
M.
09/07/2007 at 08:41
Kittenkat likes creme eggs m
;)
09/07/2007 at 10:03
Hi Kittenred

I'm in exactly the same situation as you. I'm so impatient, waiting to see the scales drop everytime I stand on them, to be disappointed with what I see. I've decided now not to worry about how much I weigh (well, not too much anyway....)

Muscle weighs more than fat, so I guess that's one thing to keep in your mind. I bet your body shape looks better?

It takes a very long time and lifestyle change to keep the weight off and losing it slowly enables you to do this.

I do agree with everyone else, try not to drink the diet coke. I've cut this out completely, was a little addict too. You don't need it for energy, by drinking more water it fills you up and having a banana gives you that kick : )

09/07/2007 at 10:09
thanks to everyone have decided that from today no more coke and will drink more water. my shape is changing have no big love handles any more nly small ones and my legs feel slightly toned actaully got into a pair of jeans alright they were a size 16 (not stretch ones) and they were skinny fit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
09/07/2007 at 10:19
Well done Kitten!

I too was once a diet coke addict. I still occasionally have a glass if I'm out for dinner but I mostly just drink water and tea and now I don't even miss it.

It is a lifestyle change, of course it's gonna be hard and you're gonna want to give up at times but stick with it.

Slim - Thanks very much! With calorie counting, it depends on your starting wait. If you weigh less than 10.1 stone then go for 1200 calories but if you weight slightly more increase the calories but do go above 1400. Good luck!
ip(FeS2)    pirate
09/07/2007 at 10:25
The diet coke argument is something like this:

The sweetener is close enough to sugar to con your body that you need more insulin.- So then you get a sugar low, and are almost bound to take on more calories to counteract that.- So it's not that the coke has extra calories, it's more that it makes you feel more hungry.

09/07/2007 at 10:25
haha, the typos in my last message...oh god.

I meant weight, weigh and do NOT go above 1400 calories. Sorry, I just woke up!
1 to 20 of 32 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.