Weighted vest

21 to 26 of 26 messages
08/01/2013 at 16:41

If shedding weight is good for running because it reduces impact on your joints, let's you move easier, lighter, with better form and probably further and faster -generally a more enjoyable and higher quality experience -why would you want to reverse that by adding weight?

08/01/2013 at 17:00

William Sichel was his name..

08/01/2013 at 17:09

William is a very impressive ultra runner. Won races up to 1000 miles, can't even envisage that sort of thing! I know he does a lot of training using a weighted vest but haven't heard of anyone else doing it.

09/01/2013 at 16:02
PhilPub wrote (see)

I'm looking forward to the study where they test the effects of wearing weighted shorts on Uranus.

Thats genuis!!!

21/01/2013 at 13:11
RICHARD WOODWARD 2 wrote (see)
I've recently starting using a 10kg vest. I run with a friend and I have the drop on him and i had forgot what is was like to work hard. With the vest I can ran at same pace but with 10 beats average higher heart rate.
So I'm happy with a hard work out and feel I'm making the most of my time.

Interesting, I've just started doing this with the other half for the same reason on our long runs as I wasn't getting the training effect I would do going at my own pace. Early indications are that it may work as I was noticably more leg tired than usual after. Only added 2kg so far.

14/08/2014 at 21:34

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 26 of 26 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.