West Highland Way race

4 messages
29/11/2002 at 19:29
I'm thinking about attempting this in June 2003- first ultra.Very unsure whether it's possible or not for me. Looking for advice.PB marathon 3.25. I'm up to 24 miles on weekly long run and have been doing hill runs of 2-3 hours since May each week.I'm an average club runner /slogger-not the usual skinny whippet you see at the races!Do a lot of off road/hill training.
It's a 95 mile race over rough terrain.
29/11/2002 at 20:34
Hi there don't know much about ultra running but there is a 50k Speyside way race in April which maybe a good build up race to the West Highland Way race..

Good luck if you decide to enter.
29/11/2002 at 20:57
John, is there a web site for this event. Is it done in one stretch or over several days? Did the West Highland Way several years ago on my mountain bike and it is a really tough route, specially at Glencoe.

I would be really interested in it myself. Could be fun in a masochistic way!
29/11/2002 at 22:45
Check out,

www.westhighlandwayrace.org

Gareth

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.