What do I do now?

1 message
11/05/2013 at 10:03

Hi everyone! just looking for a wee bit of inspiration and advice. I just finished training for an 24km trail race here in NZ which I comppleted last week. I trained much harder for this than I have most other races I've done, well just more focussed I suppose, and did pretty well (top15). It is coming into Winter now and I live in a place which is going to get very snowy soon. I need some advide of what to do now basically!

I want to increase distance as I want to start upping mileage for a marathon . As I am travelling, it is hard to say when I will do this marathon but eventually in the next couple years. I have gotten to 18 miles so far. But perhaps more importantly I really want to increase strength in my legs as well as speed.

What kind of training should I be looking at? What kind of hill sessions? How many speed sessions? Only one long run? etc etc.

I used to do short intervals but I want to start doing longer ones but don't know how long.... ahhhh so many questions, sorry!

Any help is much appreciated

Thanks all

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.