what now?

2 messages
29/07/2006 at 10:47
hi guys, need to ask a question.

i have completed the beginner schedule so what do i do now!!.

i want to build up my endurance and speed, as i have the 5k coming up but also want to build up my distances and fitness and i want to compete in triathlon when i get fit enough and thin enough.

i thought something like 1 x speed session, 1 x hill session 1 x tempo run start at 3 miles and 1 x long run- going to do 4 miles tommorrow.

do you think i should drop one of the hill/speed sessions and put in another run?
29/07/2006 at 11:44
Hi I wouldn't be in a rush to add speed sessions to your weekly training schedule I would concentrate on building up your endurance by doing steady and easy paced runs 3/4 times a week. Build up one of your runs to 6 miles by adding 5-10 mins per week for your long run and do 3-4 miles for your other runs, add in a hilly route if you want more of a challenge on one of these runs. Remember to increase weekly mileage by no more than 10 per cent each week.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.