Where do you put yours?

7 messages
05/11/2008 at 16:24

This might sound like a daft question, but where do you ladies put your HRM strap? I am finding that the ideal place seems to be where my bra strap goes. If I put it lower then it can ride up over the bra and lose the skin contact, plus its then on the edge of my ribs and uncomfortable. So I have ended up putting it on first, underneath the bra strap. But then the bra feels tight. So far, this hasnt caused problems (sample size of 2), but i dont want to end up with discomfort during a race or long run.

do i have a particularly short ribcage (I'm not very tall), or does anyone else have this problem?

05/11/2008 at 17:09
I wear mine under my bra strap - though my sports bras are crop top style not proper bras if you know what I mean - it seems fine, never had a problem
05/11/2008 at 17:33
I wear mine under my bra line, which given the almighty size of sports bras sometimes means it's nearing my middle! (Maybe a slight exaggeration) However, it works fine and as long as the strap is tight it's not going anywhere.
05/11/2008 at 20:21
thanks, i agree Clag, with a normal bra under bra line would be fine. with a sports bra for a person of generous boobage such as myself the band seems very wide! perhaps i will try a bit lower and see whichworks best
05/11/2008 at 22:13

I agree with you Meg on the issue of generous boobage. I am a 30G and until i started using an HRM, My Royce bra tended to chafe after about 6 miles of running. But when I started using the HRM under my bra strap, the chaffing stopped.  I now wear my bra on the middle fastening rather than the tighter fastening and that helps accomodate the HRM.

06/11/2008 at 11:31
glad its not just me Toco! tried again today, seemed better under the bra rather than below, and on a 55 min run didnt bother me at all. was just a bit worried as new bra so fairly tight already. thankfully havent had any chafing probs with bras, just with ipod armband on longer runs. (long for me is 45m!)
06/11/2008 at 15:29

I lost a bit of fat around my ribs this summer as my mileage went up . I didn't        adjust the HRM chest strap and I ended up with wounds where the sensor frictioned off the chest.Very ouchy. It kept rubbing off the scab and in the end i had to take it off for about 3 weeks. Now I make sure that it is properly tight and secure. One of my bras has a deep rubber end on it and I wear the strap INSIDE this. The two together seems better for signal and comfort.

Sometimes I push it over to the side so that it sits more under my left boob. This works well too.

Edited: 06/11/2008 at 15:30

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.