Wired after intervals... how to come down!

2 messages
05/09/2012 at 10:43

I've been v much enjoying intervals down the track with my club for the last few weeks.Last night we did 6 reps of 4 mins with half the amount of rest in between repeats.  I managed the session well and was running strongly right to the end of the last repeat, which was just slightly anaerobic. After the session we warmed down as a group and then I did a further warm down on my own.  I had a recovery snack and ate properly an hour later.

So far so good.. BUT I just couldn't get to sleep for hours.  My pulse had come down quickly after the session, but I could feel very forceful contractions in my heart hours later and I remained so warm that I didn't need a duvet or sheet for hours.  My metabolism was basically racing! How do you come down from this state?

05/09/2012 at 12:10

15 mogadons?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.