yoga

5 messages
01/07/2010 at 09:45
I have no experience of yoga but I'm thinking of taking it up and hopefully eventually progressing to power yoga.

Again asking for advice...sorry...but does anyone have experience of this benefiting their running. I'm hoping it will help to improve mine, as well as overall fitness.
01/07/2010 at 09:47

Hi Charlie,

I did it for a couple of years as a runner and found that I had less injury in that period than before. Flexibility it brings is always useful IMHO.

01/07/2010 at 11:59
hi charlie i,ve beening doing yoga for 5year now, its great for running helps stop injurys and you just get so into it like running and can't stop, i like running the best, buy know yoga is more good for you, i run 6 days a week and yoga 4 times at least some time 6, and it make you soooooooooooooooooo flexible.
02/07/2010 at 10:54

I used to do yoga once a week until 3 months ago, and found it really helped my running. It feels really good to stretch your legs (esp. as I used to do yoga on the day after a long run). And I'm sure breathing exercises help as well.

Now, I find that my muscles are feeling less flexible, and there's a bit of perpetual soreness that doesn't go away.

Maybe I should re-start yoga...

Edited: 02/07/2010 at 10:55
02/07/2010 at 13:42
many yoga threads in this forum - using the search feature might be your best bet.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.