Yoga

6 messages
24/09/2004 at 15:47
Gonna take up yoga, for one reason or another, dpoing it on one of my race nights. I dont think it will but is yoga likely to have any adverse effects on my running either good or bad?
cougie    pirate
24/09/2004 at 16:03
If you miss a run to do yoga then I guess it could hinder your running slightly.

If you could do it in addition, it would probably help you.

Depends on how often you train though. Pilates is also a good one for non running nights.
24/09/2004 at 16:29
Yoga would be great for you. It will make you more supple hence less prone to injuries.
24/09/2004 at 16:32
i do bikram yoga about 2-3 times a week. it's the one for masochists--you do it in a 105*F room. it has helped my running in terms of endurance, since i can go longer as i get hotter. once i start marathon training i will have to do one class a week--no time.

do it!
D1
24/09/2004 at 16:39
I've just started pilates - once a week jobby - it's blinking hard trying to do slow controlled movements with that breathing, abs get in a right old dither so I suspect it'll be doing great stuff for the core which can only help running. There's dynamic yoga and iyenga yoga on the class schedule too which sound a bit scary to me.
26/09/2004 at 17:24
I'm all for combination training - yoga, pilates plus running is a fantastic recipe. I recommend all runners to practise yoga/pilates at least 3 times a week.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.